Trackskills Sunday 5th November 2023

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
You would need to be seriously unlucky to end up getting an insurance claim made void for having track pads fitted, then again they will do almost anything to get out of it so you never know what an assessor might look for.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
few teasers full album will be up tonight
IMG_7760.JPG
IMG_7728.JPG

IMG_7792.JPG
IMG_7785.JPG
IMG_7746.JPG
IMG_7722.JPG
IMG_7692.JPG

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Unfortunately I only managed 6 or 7 laps on Sunday. On the first session the car felt skittish as hell.

Then on the 3rd lap I did a full 180 and spun while under braking in a straight line! I came into the pits and spotted massive rubbing on the front left tyre. I raised the KW Coilovers and went back out.

It still felt sketchy under brakes. I came back in and took the front left wheel off to discover the inside of the wheel was totally covered in oil, as was the inner arch. First guess is, its the KW shock that was leaking. So basically the front left brakes were being covered in oil, so my car basically had no brakes on the front left, hense the straight line spin under braking.

That put an end to my day, still had a good time watching everyone else though.

I was gutted to see poor @Zach57 getting his blown engine. I really had nothing to complain about in comparison.

I've got plenty to do on the Golf over winter to get it ready for the summer. Other than figuring out where the oil is coming from, it needs an LSD badly. 370bhp in a FWD car is just a nightmare to drive on the limit.

IMG_2978.jpeg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Such a shame Chris, I was busting for a run out in a 370bhp fwd golf for the giggles!
Next year!

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
It’s great to see people getting involved in trackdays for the first time!

There really is nothing like heading down the coast on a Sunday morning to the track with a bunch of people interested in cars. Modern cars are that capable and fast that IMO they are wasted on the road, a trackday gets the speed out of your system like others have mentioned.

I did my first trackday nearly 20 years ago in a 1997 1.5 LSI Civic and the bug bit hard straight away. Since then I’ve built numerous Hondas, a Skyline, M3’s and 2x Race cars all for the track and a few years of racing. Enjoyed the research and car development nearly as much as being on track!

Wouldn’t change any of it and there are far worse ways to spend your money lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Unfortunately I only managed 6 or 7 laps on Sunday. On the first session the car felt skittish as hell.

Then on the 3rd lap I did a full 180 and spun while under braking in a straight line! I came into the pits and spotted massive rubbing on the front left tyre. I raised the KW Coilovers and went back out.

It still felt sketchy under brakes. I came back in and took the front left wheel off to discover the inside of the wheel was totally covered in oil, as was the inner arch. First guess is, its the KW shock that was leaking. So basically the front left brakes were being covered in oil, so my car basically had no brakes on the front left, hense the straight line spin under braking.

That put an end to my day, still had a good time watching everyone else though.

I was gutted to see poor @Zach57 getting his blown engine. I really had nothing to complain about in comparison.

I've got plenty to do on the Golf over winter to get it ready for the summer. Other than figuring out where the oil is coming from, it needs an LSD badly. 370bhp in a FWD car is just a nightmare to drive on the limit.

View attachment 416291
Not an embarrassing photo at all 😅