Trackskills Tomorrow

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Who is coming out to play? Cannot wait :grinning:

Rain tonight. Should be dry tomorrow though, fingers crossed!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like the rain will clear just in time and then stay dry :grinning:

Tony, just get the finger out and be there!

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I should be down for a nosey, but have a few things 2 do before hand. Hopefully see a great turn out.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was a good day! Only encountered the dreaded 350 once, but he still came just half an inch from driving into the side of Princess... :worried:

Very busy, busiest I have seen in many years. Was good, more to play with :grinning:

Wild wind though, was blowing the little Rover around like a leaf!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Not again Nick? this is beyond a joke now..Funny enough i told wee john on face book to watch out for it earlier:laughing:

Any other incidents?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just one nutcase in a BMW going off at debtors on the second lap, then driving a couple of sessions on broken suspension - rear right wheel sitting at 10 degrees positive camber, lol :grinning:

Otherwise all great, good day (y)

tj hooker

RMS Regular
Drives
evo 8
yes tony is was a good day.but very windy...i had lunch with wee john and ray..and we were all saying it not the same with out you down at kirky.hopefull see you soon...but i know its hard to beat a good piss up with the boys ...lol........t.j.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
the 350 was very well behaved today, no complaints from any marshal posts at all...

we had a prelude mount the armco at chicane also and a few spinners, i had a look at where the BMW went off and he actually hit a bank half way into the grass so an extremely lucky fellow that it didn't dig into it and flip

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
pmsl, as an official i cant be seen to capture all the action ;)

though i will have a report later with images, just none of the spills.

oh we had a lotus do some pretty mental spinning through debtors too, i honestly have no idea how he kept it on or close to the tar, but he did lol

driver of the day was the white civic that drove down with the civic race car, max attack from start to end. (if it is a 1.6 which i would say unlikely, he needs to be racing!!!)

thank to richie o'mahoney for taking a marshal out a handful of laps as a birthday surprise to the marshal

smooth driver of the day was the young lad in the brown corsa, want to know what engine that was as shifted well.

car of the day was the epic old porsche racer, FOOK ME some serious stance without ****edout wheels and suspension pmsl.

hero of the day was o'mahoney in the dunlop supercar, the cornering speed was unreal

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
the 350 was very well behaved today, no complaints from any marshal posts at all...

Donal told me the same... So I guess when he pulled out to let me past, and then pulled back again when I was already alongside, forcing me to put two wheels on the grass to avoid a collision, that never happened then... Just like he always does... He is not just slow, but really dangerous... No clue... The only reason there are no complaints is because nothing happens when we do complain... He is just allowed to continue no matter what...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Donal told me the same... So I guess when he pulled out to let me past, and then pulled back again when I was already alongside, forcing me to put two wheels on the grass to avoid a collision, that never happened then... Just like he always does... He is not just slow, but really dangerous... No clue... The only reason there are no complaints is because nothing happens when we do complain... He is just allowed to continue no matter what...
drivers are spoken to when we radio in, several cars got red flagged today and several drivers asked to do things, be it on track or with their cars in paddock.

with 15 cars on track it's hard to see everything, especially when i had about 10 in a bunch trying to sort themselves out up the back straight, that was epic trying to see why one man was completely off circuit and for what reason lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Donal says he speaks to him and the guy refuses to listen... Just carries on regardless... Obviously not your fault graham, but somebody like that should not be on track...

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
I had a great day in the civic, very well ran by the organisers and marshals as usual.

I had a bit of bother with the 350z trying to push me off the track aswell but I knew to look out for him, he definitally needs to let people past who are clearly going at a faster pace. He must think he is in an actual race lol

The guy in the TVR was a bit dangerous IMO with cars coming up to corners with good pace and not expecting it, he actually must have been doing 20mph around some corners when I was behind him

Some very nice cars there today and no collisions which is always good. Wind was crazy but at least it was dry!!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I had a great day in the civic, very well ran by the organisers and marshals as usual.

I had a bit of bother with the 350z trying to push me off the track aswell but I knew to look out for him, he definitally needs to let people past who are clearly going at a faster pace. He must think he is in an actual race lol

The guy in the TVR was a bit dangerous IMO with cars coming up to corners with good pace and not expecting it, he actually must have been doing 20mph around some corners when I was behind him

Some very nice cars there today and no collisions which is always good. Wind was crazy but at least it was dry!!
what civic were you in?

and yes the TVR was at the end of endless blues today.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
what civic were you in?

and yes the TVR was at the end of endless blues today.

Lol he could have drove faster on the road and still not broke the speed limit!

I own the all white EK Civic with bronze wheels, the car was burgundy last year

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i was behind you on way down for a while and you overtook the race car on the trailer on portaferry road ?

if so you are my driver of the day lol, what engine is in it?

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
i was behind you on way down for a while and you overtook the race car on the trailer on portaferry road ?

if so you are my driver of the day lol, what engine is in it?

Yes that was me lol, much appreciated

The car still has the standard B16a 1.6 VTI engine with an exhaust and standard airbox

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.