Trackskills Track Day 14th October 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RoniN

RMS Regular
There will be loads from here at the next trackskills day.

Cheers

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Will have to sit this one out as well :sob:

Will be out at Mondello the weekend after though :grinning:

tj hooker

RMS Regular
Drives
evo 8
I,m not sure yet.will i make this one,as drag racing is on bishopcourt the same day.lol.i will toss a coin closer to the time.

S B

RMS Member
OP
S B
TJ you might as well make the most of the day! I might have a model with me ;) you never know

tj hooker

RMS Regular
Drives
evo 8
@ S B.i hope its a female model....as we have are own...weejohn.lol
@ wee john .what do you mean i might be able to do both.do you know what time bishopcourt is on at...

S B

RMS Member
OP
S B
now TJ I will reveal all ;) when I am there but I am sure if you are not there you will miss out! If anyone is taking fully race "looking" cars for sure then please let me know as I am hoping the weather is going to be better than today. If the weather is like today I will probably have the models with me.

S B

RMS Member
OP
S B
I hope so, today has been awful and photography wise a complete write off. I am hoping to add some more track shots and have some models posing as grid girls (weather dependant) so that it is an extra dimension and I will have another photographer with me so it should be a good day

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Hi guys - How do you book this? Cant see it on the website.. wouldn't mind bring the 350z for a play :grinning:

weeJohn

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota EP85
now TJ I will reveal all ;) when I am there but I am sure if you are not there you will miss out! If anyone is taking fully race "looking" cars for sure then please let me know as I am hoping the weather is going to be better than today. If the weather is like today I will probably have the models with me.

You can get them to stand beside our car, its so crap looking they will look like super models beside it lol.

weeJohn

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota EP85
Thanks guys I assume noobs are allowed? Never been on track apart from a lot of karting!

They cater brilliantly for new comers, give you a run round the track in their car to give you an idea of the best lines round the track, then put the novices out together in their first 2 sessions so as you are not being hounded by people with more experience round the track.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Cheers wee John got booked up this morning... Might need to bring the Clio 197 instead of the 350z as it might be too loud :worried: need to work out if its louder than 98 DB with the bungs in the japspeed or not!

Anyone recommend where I can get a helmet? Donal said that I'd be better to buy one instead of renting one for hygiene reasons!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
adam1942: The noise test is the same as for rally cars. So unless yours is louder than a rally car, then it will be fine. Have never seen anyone asked to leave because of engine noise, and there are usually plenty of full on race cars, towed track cars, etc.

Definitely better to buy a helmet. A cheap scooter helmet will do, nothing fancy. I bought mine brand new for £40 from a motorbike/scooter store on Boucher Road (just beside the little roundabout).

Edit: Hein Gericke:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=hein gericke&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=hein gericke&hnear=0x4860fffdd7d08a3b:0x2e57162cefc7c531,Belfast&cid=0,0,17115765182403048845&ei=ivpiUK2BDcjcsgaJhoG4BA&ved=0CJQBEPwSMAA

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seems like they have been through a spot of bother recently, but their website says the store is up and running.

Anyway, any biker store should have scooter helmets.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
brilliant Thanks fella much appropriated :grinning: was looking online and they where like £109..

Donal said they had a few problems with noise limits recently and advised it'd be better to bring the Clio.. that said I think I'm going to bring both (one for tools etc) and see what happens on the day :grinning: either way I'll be there in a 350z or a R27 Clio :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, some of the race cars/track cars can be borderline indeed, basically straight through exhausts. But anything you would/could actually drive legally on a road without going deaf or insane will be fine. I use earplugs when driving the Lotus, and it is fine on any track I have been to :grinning:

But if you bring both you will be covered, either will be lots of fun :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.