Trackskills Track Day This Sunday 21st June.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

V8

RMS Regular
Greetings!

Trackskills are all set to go again this Sunday 21st June. Yes, it's our traditional Fathers' Day event. So far we have a great selection of cars entered including;

Honda Civic Type R
Ginetta G20
Radical
Various Locaterfields
Nissan Micra
Honda Integra
Mitsubishi Evo
1330 Mini Clubman
Ferrari
Saxo
Pug 106 GTi
Astra
Golf
Clio 172

If you are thinking of attending, please let me know by emailing donal@mulsanne.co.uk.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
We hope to be there also all going well. Whats the weather to be like.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Kirkistown drys very quickly and the rain is to be only a few very light showers so there should be plenty of dry track time in between

MarkM

RMS Regular
Kirkistown drys very quickly and the rain is to be only a few very light showers so there should be plenty of dry track time in between

I'm going to skip this one, have fun! I just can't stand the thought of sitting in the car in the pissing rain between sessions. :relieved:

MarkM

RMS Regular
Fantastic day, my 1st wet track day, I only had one off too, straight off at colonial, over the grass and hit the brakes on the concrete lmao Near miss with the East engineering MX5 that spun, hopefully have video :grinning:

Last edited:

JT079

RMS Regular
Great day specially on wet! The LaFerrari was a monster... My second trackday and first on wet, plenty actions...spun twice in the morning session, once off to the grass, but lucky no damage to the car... still smell the fresh grass after I got home though :laughing::laughing:

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Was a good day considering the M3 had a bad miss all day, can only blame it on bad fuel at the moment, kept going round in the afternoon regardless which was good fun on the slicks in the damp! Managed to keep her straight and true most of the time[emoji3] @justintian1218 seen you on your little detour on the grass at fishermans lol.

Fair play to the guys who took the kids round today from the charity, they deserve a bit of happiness after what they've been through. They all looked really excited especially when they got to go out in the Ferrari.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Sorry to miss this one but great to hear you got the Clio sorted @MarkM (y)
Sounds like a quieter day compared to the last one.

La Ferrari on track :eek: anyone get photos ??

Cheers

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Wonderful thing the gentleman in the blue golf was doing taking the little angels out, just as rewarding for him I would imagine as it was for the kids.

Rain was never far away but a good day all the same (the brother had a 100+ mile an hour spin at Debtors and managed to avoid everything)

MarkM

RMS Regular
Sorry to miss this one but great to hear you got the Clio sorted @MarkM (y)
Sounds like a quieter day compared to the last one.

La Ferrari on track :eek: anyone get photos ??

Cheers

Clio was great all day, engine light about a mile from home, yet to have a look!
It was the 458 GTC giving passenger laps :grinning: See you at the next one

V8

RMS Regular
OP
V8
For info; John Charters (Blue Golf) had arranged to give the 8 children from Angel Wishes NI passenger rides in his car. These children all have life restricting (at best) diseases and are currently in some sort of remission. He was worried that his car might not last the pace so asked James Smart (other Golf) if he could help. Philip also came on board, so the children got loads of rides in the three cars. Fair play to James and Philip for helping out. Having said that, James told me that the look on their faces as they went round was beyond valuable to him.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
For info; John Charters (Blue Golf) had arranged to give the 8 children from Angel Wishes NI passenger rides in his car. These children all have life restricting (at best) diseases and are currently in some sort of remission. He was worried that his car might not last the pace so asked James Smart (other Golf) if he could help. Philip also came on board, so the children got loads of rides in the three cars. Fair play to James and Philip for helping out. Having said that, James told me that the look on their faces as they went round was beyond valuable to him.

Brilliant work, I love hearing stories like that.

MarkM

RMS Regular

Some laps in the rain, just pretend you didn't hear the embarrassing 'whoohoo' when the MX5 went off in front of me and I locked up, I was enjoying myself, not the fastest way round, struggled on my tyres (Nankangs!) but the most fun I've had there :grinning:
Gopro mount seems to be buzzing at high revs in the vids, couldn't hear it in the car......

I set myself a target of doing debtors absolutely flat when it eased a bit, Nankangs saw me right.....

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Had something similar last time with my go pro (cornering mostly). Think it is just something in how it was mounted (position, tightness etc..)
Off course you can never be sure it's sorted until you get home and by then it's to late.
Mine was grand this time ;)

DesmoBen

RMS Regular
Drives
clubman 1330
Yeah, good fun alright ... Aside from the bloody 3hour drive to get there.... Damn you bloody cyclists!
The fact that it was a bit quieter meant I could choose my line without having to constantly move over out of the way of faster cars just so much.
Have some great footage out of the back window of the mini which I must post later.

JT079

RMS Regular

Some laps in the rain, just pretend you didn't hear the embarrassing 'whoohoo' when the MX5 went off in front of me and I locked up, I was enjoying myself, not the fastest way round, struggled on my tyres (Nankangs!) but the most fun I've had there :grinning:
Gopro mount seems to be buzzing at high revs in the vids, couldn't hear it in the car......

I set myself a target of doing debtors absolutely flat when it eased a bit, Nankangs saw me right.....

It might be just the camera and the case wasn't tight enough, as the camera will shake more with high revs...try to take it out and put in again. I had that issue before. Or you can fit a small foam pad on the back of the camera before close the case just to absorb more vibration.

Will also post some of my footage... haven't got time to do so...

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.