Trailer Recommendations

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Anyone serious will pick the phone up and give them a call.

Plus what’s the point putting prices on Facebook when prices have been constantly on the rise for the last 2 years. Then you’d have people looking back at old Facebook posts and seeing outdated, cheaper prices.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
8ft x 6ft just a tad overloaded to give people the idea of size they should go for .Ifor Williams this one and that’s 2.5 ton of stone in it 🙈😂
5A117B4C-49D3-4A29-8F19-8069A562CBD5.jpeg

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Bought this wee Dale Kane 10 years ago and it has been superb. No rattles at all and it’s done many jobs. Very well made. As it’s occasional use mainly for going to the tip I went single axle with the high sides and no brakes to worry about, surprising what you can get in to it.

Can also vouch for Porter Trailers; very well designed and made and Neville is a very decent man.

A91BCA62-E179-4CB9-82CC-370E388335CC.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
8ft x 6ft just a tad overloaded to give people the idea of size they should go for .Ifor Williams this one and that’s 2.5 ton of stone in it 🙈😂View attachment 384644

2.5t in stone alone ? or combined with trailer ?

Van at most legally allowed 1.5t total.
Bought this wee Dale Kane 10 years ago and it has been superb. No rattles at all and it’s done many jobs. Very well made. As it’s occasional use mainly for going to the tip I went single axle with the high sides and no brakes to worry about, surprising what you can get in to it.

Can also vouch for Porter Trailers; very well designed and made and Neville is a very decent man.

Also looks massively overloaded lol.

My 7x5ish Porter has been fantastic. Although never did get high sides for it, which is definitely something I'd want if I got another. As well as a full gate/ramp

It's never really carried anything particularly heavy though, usually just grass runs/dump etc.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX

View attachment 384870
For a single axle trailer that’s a cracker!

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Got this Broniss single axle second hand from an old boy through Facebook Marketplace just outside Banbridge last year. Sides and back drop off it and the cover is a great job too. More or less moved house with it bar the really big stuff and it’s done lots during the build, great wee thing, wouldn’t be without it now!

E8583E8C-4F2B-4D9E-9EDF-BB094CFB8454.jpeg

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
2.5t in stone alone ? or combined with trailer ?

Van at most legally allowed 1.5t total.

Also looks massively overloaded lol.

My 7x5ish Porter has been fantastic. Although never did get high sides for it, which is definitely something I'd want if I got another. As well as a full gate/ramp

It's never really carried anything particularly heavy though, usually just grass runs/dump etc.
Yeah 2.5 t of stone .sure it’s fine ,what’s the worst it could be roughly 4t gross lol .
@zafturbo if you are going to do it, may as well go all in with 3.6 :joy:

View attachment 384864
You’re half ok ,least you have 4wd and brakes capable of stopping you .

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Yeah 2.5 t of stone .sure it’s fine ,what’s the worst it could be roughly 4t gross lol .

You’re half ok ,least you have 4wd and brakes capable of stopping you .
She doesn’t look like a tipper? So you’d be 500/550kg they’re empty as they are a light enough trailer. That flat bed of mine 8x5 is dangerous as you sending it on forgetting you’ve a trailer on the back as you can feel it nor see it 😂

zafturbo

RMS Regular
She doesn’t look like a tipper? So you’d be 500/550kg they’re empty as they are a light enough trailer. That flat bed of mine 8x5 is dangerous as you sending it on forgetting you’ve a trailer on the back as you can feel it nor see it 😂
I know it wasn’t a tipper when I had to shovel it all out again .wouldn’t of been so bad if it wasn’t raining all evening then -3 from like 9pm on and it was like concrete 😂

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Got this Broniss single axle second hand from an old boy through Facebook Marketplace just outside Banbridge last year. Sides and back drop off it and the cover is a great job too. More or less moved house with it bar the really big stuff and it’s done lots during the build, great wee thing, wouldn’t be without it now!

View attachment 384891
Looks good. I've the same wee trailer, how do the sides slot in? Was gonna get a set of them

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Interesting day sorting a trailer out, started with Brian James and thought it looked class! Has everything and more and also was 1ft longer at 9x5’6. Got my wheelbarrow out and the trailer when tilted was about 120mm lower than the wheelbarrow so absolutely no use.

Went to moy , looked at the nugent, several issues I wasn’t fond of, no rear lense guards being one of them and again put my wheelbarrow at the back and tipped it up and exactly the same thing. I am baffled lol how are nugent/Brian James people offloading? Shovelling?

Anyways decided to head to jenkinsons in Armagh, they had an 8ft ifor , leds, ladder rack just in and ready to go. Safe to say I took it home with me

And it was 400 cheaper than the nugent and 500 cheaper than the brian James so well pleased
27063938-BDED-4363-A389-054640708A73.jpeg

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Anyone know where I would get some 8mm thick hard black plastic sheet?
My father in law's tipper ifor has one missing. It's no longer available from ifor Williams new (tried Lamont's).

I could go with rubber mudflaps but I'd like to keep it original

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
My father in law's tipper ifor has one missing. It's no longer available from ifor Williams new (tried Lamont's).

You could try Trailertek in Lurgan , that’s where I buy all the trailer bits as lamonts are a fortune

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Doesn't need to be premade, I would be happy enough to shape it myself if I could find the material. Doesn't need to be trailer specific.
I also don't think any trailer place would have it as most have the premade mudflaps/ archliners these days

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

@Bono872 ?

Rubber and Plastics Duncrue ?

Ebay ?