transfering a plate from England

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I'm looking at a number plate which is currently held by a private owner in England. He informs me that its on a DVLA V750 Entitlement Document until July.

Apparently i need to pay a £25 fee to change the nominee of the vehicle. The private seller then sends it to the DVLA with my name on it, and they return a form asking for the deails of the car I own.

my question is how does this tie in with over here? Is it just the same process, or is the fact that we're under 'DVLNI' juristiction make any difference?

Marc

RMS Moderator
nope.. you have to put it on a 'car' in england, then register said car in n.ireland and chose to keep the english plate.

if you have an address you can use in england, re-reg your n.ireland car in that address, then get the plate moved across.. then re-reg in n.ireland chosing to keep the english style plate :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.