Triumph Daytona 675

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
I have a gpr on my cbf600 and I'm more than happy with it. Postage takes a couple of weeks but well worth it.

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
I went out and bought myself a tail tidy, only problem now being I didn't realise I needed a rear light for the number plate for mot and this particular tail tidy doesn't have room for the light to be fitted. so now I need to change it over every time :worried:

Anyway
Before
IMG_20170327_162600.jpg

And after

IMG_20170327_183752.jpg

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
ahhhh @warren you legend.. ill get that ordered now.

am i right in thinking i can literally double sided sticky tape the red reflector on to the top of the rear plate?

warren

RMS Photographer
ahhhh @warren you legend.. ill get that ordered now.

am i right in thinking i can literally double sided sticky tape the red reflector on to the top of the rear plate?

I had a bicycle reflector hot glue gunned to the bottom of mine.... lol

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
just bought a light at £5 so ill report back with some fitted pictures.

cheers lads.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Exhaust wise go arrow, look and sound really well. Also mappable for bit of extra bhp. Check mccallens for pricing sometimes I've found them to be quite competitive

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
will do ricky thanks, i need to get it serviced and had a bloody disaster last year. this year ill be going to mccallens so ill enquire about everything together.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I always get mine serviced there for piece of mind, and generally pricing is reasonable. Ohh and get the road legal arrow much less hassle with mot due to the British standard marking it road legal, and still has a nice note to it. Noticed the last time I took the bike the tester was looking very very closely for the mark. But I do know fellas that have got through with race systems thanks to some fine silver foil used to cover the "not for road use"

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
so, due to the new tail tidy not having enough room to fit the existing numberplate light I had a friend make me a mount from aluminium.

IMG_20170412_200911.jpg

he cut /bent it into shape to hold a legal sized plate and a mount for the new light and reflector

IMG_20170412_201918.jpg

and the finished product!! not the most beautiful of things, but will do the job i need for the length of time ill need it for

IMG_20170412_202201.jpg

looking forward to the good weather now

IMG_20170412_183626.jpg

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
Bike went through MOT and had its service.

After the run with you guys and seeing how clean everyone's bike was I thought Id better get my finger out and get this thing cleaned properly. Bought some Gunk and it cleaned the wheels up brilliantly (only problem now being, with all the dirt removed I am now realising id need the wheels painted) gave it a decent wash wax and sealant.

only thing I couldn't clean was the chain and sprocket. Any ideas on what I should use?

also opinions on wheel colour? gold or standard?

Bike Wheel.jpg
Bike.jpg

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 88

AC

RMS Regular
Looking really well @Creaney

Chain cleaner and a lot of elbow grease for the chain/sprockets and personally, I think grey/anthracite for the wheels (biased view of course) but gold would also look well!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Chain cleaner + toothbrush. Work 5-6 links at a time on both sides and inner/outer plates.

How much room is left of adjustment? It looks reasonably close to new chain time (y) (going by the length of adjuster)

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
thanks men, ill buy a brush and some chain cleaner and see what happens. I wouldn't be confident with petrol round my tyre and brakes.

Creaney

RMS Regular
OP
Creaney
Drives
I got a wee brush and some chain cleaner today so ill try that out first. if that fails ill go for the paraffin.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.