UK Integra Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely! Thasts EXACTLY how id want an Integra to look, its literally perfect!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
sorry not too up to date with tegs, wot is the diff between the ukdm and the jdm version, barr the looks? is it like the ep3's with engine and transmission mods or is it purely looks are different??

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
JDM one have a B18C - thats all they are stamped as, so the majority of differences you hear about the engines are just speculation and people trying to big up their own cars.

Uk had B18C6 - the differences between them were in the exhaust manifolds and Cat's. The manifold on the JDM one was slightly free'r flowing and had a 2.5" collector so was larger than that of the UK spec. They also had a shorter cat that was less restrictive than the UK ones. Nothing stopping you swapping these parts across though.

JDM and UK gearboxes were much of a muchness - but the japs are fond of throwing out their final drive in favour of a lower one, and this is where people seethe biggest differences.

Personally the one above with the Accord wheels on doesnt do it for me, tegs on 17's just dont work, 16's only just work but when it comes to driving the living ****e out of them nothing is as good as the standard 15's and yoko parada spec II's or R888's depending on budget.

Best thing to do when you get a teg is to throw away the front engine stabilisers and get some new ones, even standard honda ones and then do the silicone sealer mod to them.

The diff's are very very strong and just perfect for the car out of the factory - unless you intend spending every weekend on the track i wouldnt go for anything "uprated" cos 9 times out of 10 they arent that great and noone will set them up properly before fitment.

As toph said Gee, if you wanna go see one i'll come with you if you like - although you may end up never getting one then, im a fussy ****er with my hondas

Bronk

RMS Regular
pete i believe the jdm ones had a different map as well ..is that right?

uks dc2 are more prone to rusting to the rear plastic arches, jdm have no arch protectors so no dirt or crap can be stuck in the arches and providing there are waxoiled and cared for..rear arches shud b fine

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
that white one has one hell of a panel gap around the front bumper/bonnet/wings or are they all like that??

The UK ones all have a bit of an unsightly gap at the leading edge of the bonnet sadly. There is a black rubber seal in there too which kind of makes it look worse.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
they had a different ECU altogether - also depends on whether it was 96 spec or 98 spec.

JDM 96 Spec - P73 - OBD2a
JDM 98 Spec - P73 - OBD2b
UK - P72 - OBD2b - although dont quote me on that one

There are also deviations of each of those ECU's depending on the market they were destined for - as some of the lesser models also ran P72 and P73 ECU's

Best bet IMO, is to bin the OBD2 stuff, get an OBD1 P28 or P30 from a Civic SiR, install Hondata S300 and get yourself booked in with PerryMoo.

noone in this country, or england, scotland and wales that can come close to what this guy can do with an integra.

Unfortunately, if you want to conatct him you may find the details yourself - he is a man of mystery, and the waiting list is about 18 months last time i heard - but this is someone who managed over 230hp from a bog standard teg and not on happy rollers like all the NI ones either ;)

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The UK ones all have a bit of an unsightly gap at the leading edge of the bonnet sadly. There is a black rubber seal in there too which kind of makes it look worse.

it also traps water and allows for some unsighty bubbles and rusting to occur - so have a look underneath

most prone part to rust are bare metal in this pic

25072007281.jpg

jc7891

RMS Regular
is this the one that would sometimes be about ards too, if so its a real nice one. ive seen it a few times on my travels up in town too

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
Absolutely! Thasts EXACTLY how id want an Integra to look, its literally perfect!

exactly like that, circa 5 years ago... and those rims are probably my old ones

01.jpg

:cool::cool:

gee, i was told of a teg dundonald direction last night that is running accord rims, just had an engine as it sucked water through the aem!

just pulled my OEM bonnet out of storage and 3 years on its still mint! yeo!!!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Anybody else think these linked for sale cars are all very expensive? You could get one with that sort of mileage a couple of years ago for a good grand less. Some on PH are actually not that far off early S2k money!!

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
I've been refreshing Pistonheads and Autotrader on an hourly basis so have seen all the ones posted. Theres a massive variation in prices, as it seems there is with most cars at the moment. That one is sold james123.

Thanks for the heads up, Ollie.

Been offered one with 30k on it but waiting to hear back what kind of money is on it, out of interest. Probably about £8k+ I suspect...!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Id say anything from 7.5 - 8k for one with 30k ... most people would be asking top dollar for it with that mileage.

Quite hard to come by the low mileage UK ones

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
id say anything from 7.5 - 8k for one with 30k ... Most people would be asking top dollar for it with that mileage.

Quite hard to come by the low mileage uk ones

£9000...

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Dear god thats very steep ... i take it after you got that price you had a laugh to yourself :p

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Some dreamers about, guy looking offers over £7k for a 98 with 65k on it :-#

/Jas Lad mode

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The price of a good straight Integra should remain up around the 7-8k mark consider the number of smashed, repaired, bumped, rolled, and pure ****ed ones there are knocking about.

Almost every JDM import has had a bump in one way or another, which is why the fresh paint on them is classed as "mint import", etc etc. Obviously every jap teg owner will now go ****ing nuts at that comment, all i can say is that you havent looked hard enough yet.

Mint tegs are very vey few and far between. If it is 9k for a teg, chances are it hasnt been wrapped round any lamp posts and is a good genuine straight car. Whereas £4k will get you 3 lamp posts, 1 field, and a few hedges as an added bonus.

Don't think that due to the price being 9K they are dreaming. They arent, and someone will pay the money so they are safe in knowledge they have the enthusiasts car they want and not some dolled up whore of a car.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
The price of a good straight Integra should remain up around the 7-8k mark consider the number of smashed, repaired, bumped, rolled, and pure ****ed ones there are knocking about.

Almost every JDM import has had a bump in one way or another, which is why the fresh paint on them is classed as "mint import", etc etc. Obviously every jap teg owner will now go ****ing nuts at that comment, all i can say is that you havent looked hard enough yet.

Mint tegs are very vey few and far between. If it is 9k for a teg, chances are it hasnt been wrapped round any lamp posts and is a good genuine straight car. Whereas £4k will get you 3 lamp posts, 1 field, and a few hedges as an added bonus.

Don't think that due to the price being 9K they are dreaming. They arent, and someone will pay the money so they are safe in knowledge they have the enthusiasts car they want and not some dolled up whore of a car.

I hear you man. I wasn't referring to the £9k one being a dreamer, its worth that to someone probably but certainly not me. Especially seeing as I want to track it, he was pretty relieved when I told him that I think :party:

I'm aiming for something in the middle, finding ANY 10+ year old car in "mint" condition is neigh on impossible. And I'm really not that fussed, so long as its mechanically soundd I can give it a good clean and it'll serve its purpose for the summer.

I've hopefully found one here, probably book flights tonight. Its in the middle of f*cking nowhere but its worth it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.