Unprovoked Police Violence In Mayo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
Ok, so how would you have dealt with stevie? Had the police waved him on his way and he was a threat, you'd be very quick to blame police incompetence. He was being an ass, he simply had to open his door, answer the questions and go on his way. His behaviour lead the police to believe he had something to hide and they acted - he had the means to prevent his window being smashed and he didn't use them.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Mayo Garda, Firm... Firm but Fair!!!

Such an idiot, what was he expecting, he never made any effort, nor did he pull over when he was asked to. I'd have given him a blast of the pepper spray to show him the law is the law!

pablo

RMS Moderator
try that at one of the army checkpoints in the 80s and see what you get lol. pepper spray would be the least of your worries

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
i'm going about my business...
?
and? ur business could be bomb making, or drug dealing or anything... he was purposely being evasive and awkward to provoke... it worked butas per usual police brutality gets called upon

Stevie i have my doubts any law enforcement or government related department anywhwre in the world could ever do or deal with anything that you would approve of...

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
try that at one of the army checkpoints in the 80s and see what you get lol. pepper spray would be the least of your worries

Given the threat levels at those times, of course procedure would be different.

What is the current terrorist threat level in Mayo ?

The issue isnt what they done, it is the timescale in which they did it. He was posing no threat to them whatsoever. They obviously had no concerns about him driving over them, as they were quite happy to walk in front of the car during it.

And evasive and awkward are not illegal. Again, back to an interview situation...if the person is awkward and refuses to talk, will you torture them ? Same thing.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Mayo Garda, Firm... Firm but Fair!!!

Such an idiot, what was he expecting, he never made any effort, nor did he pull over when he was asked to. I'd have given him a blast of the pepper spray to show him the law is the law!

i-am-the-law.jpg

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Personally i think he had that coming, he was being a tool...having to hit the baton on the ground because of the force he used to flick it out?! They all take that much force to close. He had the camera there for a reason and he typed that up to blow things out of proportion.

The police here are way too soft. If that had been the mainland he'd have been dragged out of the car through the window after they'd broken it and given him the good news wth the spray. If you so much as walk at a police officer in the mainland when they tell you stop a few times youll get sprayed, tasered if its an arv. If they feel even remotely threatened they're entitled to react. Except in N.I. We're not used to that kind of policing so it may seem a bit excessive to some.

Ge0rge

Banned
Given the threat levels at those times, of course procedure would be different.

What is the current terrorist threat level in Mayo ?

The issue isnt what they done, it is the timescale in which they did it. He was posing no threat to them whatsoever. They obviously had no concerns about him driving over them, as they were quite happy to walk in front of the car during it.

And evasive and awkward are not illegal. Again, back to an interview situation...if the person is awkward and refuses to talk, will you torture them ? Same thing.
in an interview you have the right to remain silent, if your driving a car on a public road you must identify yourself if asked to do so...

now stop being silly.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
in an interview you have the right to remain silent, if your driving a car on a public road you must identify yourself if asked to do so...

now stop being silly.

You're being silly. How do you know he wasnt going to hand his license, he just hadnt done it YET. And you certainly dont have to speak to the police if they stop you. And if you happen to take a few minutes, they certainly arent allowed to start beating you.

Again, the timescale is all important. 2 minutes is not a long time. There was no threat or risk to the police, as is clearly shown in the video by them freely walking in front of the car. They also made no effort to block the car in to prevent him driving off. So again they had no concerns about that.
He had already stopped for the police, what was the need to pull over elsewhere ?

And not a chance in hell would he have been dragged from the car in England or any other civilized country in such a short space of time ( Except perhaps gun crazy Americans )

Bunch of Saddam's in this place !

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Stevie you're focusing constantly on the police. They didn't do this, they didn't do that, they behaved this way, they behaved that way.

What about the man in the car? Why not show his license the first time he was asked? Why not open his door and explain the window situation? Why not roll down a passenger window and beckon an officer to that side? Why make inflammatory statements like "having to hit the baton on the ground because of the force they used..", which are grossly misleading? He was the one who could have engineered the situation totally differently by being more co-operative, but instead he chose to let the situation develop into one where the police were unsure what they were dealing with and thus had to take action.

He may not have been carrying out the crime of the century, but don't try and tell me for one minute that he wasn't being a totally awkward c**t. And if you're going to be a c**t to the police when all they did was ask you to produce your license (which they are well within their rights to do), then don't blame them for being c**ts back to you.

Honestly, I can't get my head round your tolerance for this man's actions. If you're asked for your license once, you produce it straight away. You don't wait 2 mins, 30 mins, or wait to get asked another 5 or 10 times. If you do, you are giving them reason for suspicion.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
The police here are way too soft. If that had been the mainland he'd have been dragged out of the car through the window after they'd broken it and given him the good news wth the spray. If you so much as walk at a police officer in the mainland when they tell you stop a few times youll get sprayed, tasered if its an arv. If they feel even remotely threatened they're entitled to react. Except in N.I. We're not used to that kind of policing so it may seem a bit excessive to some.

Dont talk *****. the police in the mainland are the biggest bunch of pansies ive seen in my life. I know, ive lived here for 7 years!! they would likely have tapped on his window and when he didnt open would probably have sent love letters to him through the slightly ajar door :p

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Dont talk *****. the police in the mainland are the biggest bunch of pansies ive seen in my life. I know, ive lived here for 7 years!! they would likely have tapped on his window and when he didnt open would probably have sent love letters to him through the slightly ajar door :p

nope, standard training for tasers on the mainland is 'step back/ stop etc' 3 times, followed by 'taser, taser, taser' at which point they light you up

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.