Untaxed Car Fine

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
AS regards MOT'S and the required test before one can tax the vehicle,its a high embarassment to the uncivil servants that Supposedly ''run the Mot '' WITHIN N. IRELAND. i have had a couple of tests recently once for mine and another for a mate and no way were they killed working, like the docs and the general health service have also worked to suit themselves not those they should be caring for, with the MOT crowd since the debacle of the overused broken down lift scenario , then Covid, then relaxation for new mot operatives of little if any motor engineering knowledge or skill set...used to be trained technicans and should still be that..
In my opinion as someone who has many many years of experience on just about every facet of the motor trade, I know that if i was employing a Chief Exec to run a Construction Company, he would need to understand how the company operated , how the N.Irish building trade operated, how he affected it and how it effected him and my company and using his work experience surround himself with trained experienced people who knew the business and how it should be run..
NO the civil servants here know as much about the whole vehicle parc in the North as a dog knows about its father.. so seen with the situation that affects us all.. I would be interested to know if and how many have been prosecuted for 'road tax' because of having to use a car that the mot couldn't provide a mutually suitable date and time within comfortable reach of their home address..its a bloody ridiculous situation and the computer booking wait and very little phone access is getting silly..and all the Gov Depts these days think that everyone has a smart phone and the use of one at all times of day and nite...w
I’ve had to book 7 MOT dates in the last year for various cars- always the initial available date was a few months away. REALLY wasn’t hard to try a few times to get a cancellation date that suited - majority of time in was able to get one the very same day.

A lot of moaning about nothing really…just takes a slight bit of effort ffs

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
AS regards MOT'S and the required test before one can tax the vehicle,its a high embarassment to the uncivil servants that Supposedly ''run the Mot '' WITHIN N. IRELAND. i have had a couple of tests recently once for mine and another for a mate and no way were they killed working, like the docs and the general health service have also worked to suit themselves not those they should be caring for, with the MOT crowd since the debacle of the overused broken down lift scenario , then Covid, then relaxation for new mot operatives of little if any motor engineering knowledge or skill set...used to be trained technicans and should still be that..
In my opinion as someone who has many many years of experience on just about every facet of the motor trade, I know that if i was employing a Chief Exec to run a Construction Company, he would need to understand how the company operated , how the N.Irish building trade operated, how he affected it and how it effected him and my company and using his work experience surround himself with trained experienced people who knew the business and how it should be run..
NO the civil servants here know as much about the whole vehicle parc in the North as a dog knows about its father.. so seen with the situation that affects us all.. I would be interested to know if and how many have been prosecuted for 'road tax' because of having to use a car that the mot couldn't provide a mutually suitable date and time within comfortable reach of their home address..its a bloody ridiculous situation and the computer booking wait and very little phone access is getting silly..and all the Gov Depts these days think that everyone has a smart phone and the use of one at all times of day and nite...w
Agree or disagree, it doesn't really matter as that is the way things are going now.

Eg: you could be a manager in Tesco's and now apply and become a mid level Commanding Officer in a frontline emergency service. Employed for your managerial experience but having zero operational experience ^o)

will1588

RMS Regular
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
in reply to both contris. just expressing an opinion from my take on it, again ffs i dont see it as part of my mot application to run around at my cost to suit their hectic situation, as regards the latter perhaps hands on experience would suit better than fancy higher education, of course thats quite evident with the old ETonian in charge of a sinking ship...

Charlieboyoo

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3 bmw M240i
Agree or disagree, it doesn't really matter as that is the way things are going now.

Eg: you could be a manager in Tesco's and now apply and become a mid level Commanding Officer in a frontline emergency service. Employed for your managerial experience but having zero operational experience ^o)
That’s very true,cause they went to uni they are better.even though the person with operational experience can do the job