WANTED: Estate Car | Jeep

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
With our baby girl finally home, i'm going to change my daily Passat to something a bit 'nicer'.

Looking for an estate car. Open to options as there's probably some models i've missed.

Something along the lines of a BMW 3 Series Touring, Passat Estate, etc... Tried to buy a E91 Touring off @dempster__ last night but i just couldn't get him to part with it.

In around £5k, but would pay more if the right car came along. Open to all colours but preferably not black as it's a disaster to keep on a weekend car, let alone a daily mile muncher.

I'd also consider a jeep but i don't think the budget would get something as fresh / respectable looking.

I'm getting tired of trawling through the classifieds every day!

TIA! :grinning:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
No idea what it would get you in terms of age,mileage, problems etc, but an XC90 could be got for £5k and would be a big safe jeep.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
IMG_9685.jpg

this any good for you under budget 07 more details if needed

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
I picked my rrs up for that big comfy cruiser
Just about to do brakes and an airbag for front suspension
Worth looking at

Todd

RMS Regular
OP
Todd
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
A big Rangie would be great but ideally want something a bit fresher than my 2007 Passat.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Honda CRV are a great roomy and safe family car with big boots for all the stuff you need.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
No idea what it would get you in terms of age,mileage, problems etc, but an XC90 could be got for £5k and would be a big safe jeep.
I'll second that, have had one for a long time and know several others with them, huge inside and very comfortable and hard wearing. £5k probably get you around 2010 example and they were relatively unchanged until 2016 so they age well. I'd only go for one with FSH pref FVSH, and although sealed unit get the gear oil changed for peace of mind (have to do 2or3times).
This is a bit over £5k but low enough miles compared to any sub £5k examples.

Just noticed that one is a manual so maybe why a bit cheaper, vast majority are semi auto.

belfastbrm

RMS Regular
I like that and really fresh
Haha I know to be honest il be sad to see it go it’s been great but it’s not a golf r 😂

to be honest it didn’t look out of place on the forecourt yesterday!

I could hold out for a private sale as online there still making great money but I’m not keen on tyre kickers 😭

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Honda CRV are a great roomy and safe family car with big boots for all the stuff you need.

Second that. We moved from a Legacy estate to a Mk3 2012 CRV and it's been faultless the last 4 years. Couple of oil changes, diff oil changed, new pads all round, 2 sets of tyres and now only needs front drive shafts replaced. Not dear to service, but not great on fuel (if that's your thing)