**Wanted Mk5 GTI Edition 30**

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
So, like most of us I can’t do without something in the garage but the Lotus was just a bit too much £ to be sitting as a 3rd car in the current economic climate and a young family that haemorrhage money like nothing else 😂

I’ve been thinking about less costly options and I’ve owned so much stuff over the years but I’m wanting to go for an old RMS favourite the MK5 Gti.
I loved my candy white 3door years ago with just a stage 1 map and Gti, there’s a reason why they are so popular.

Anyway I’m after an Edition 30.
Must haves:
3 door
No more than about 80k miles
Comprehensive History with regular oil changes
HPI clear, no accident damage
Cosmetic paint isn’t an issue as long as it’s good.
No mods that change the looks
OEM wheels, no ditch finders.
No bad rusty stuff
Some mods are fine, remap, exhaust etc.

I realise I’m looking for a lot of boxes to be ticked but budget is flexible (around 10k+) for the right car and I’ve the money here to go, I won’t be kicking tyres, too old for time wasting.

Let me know what’s tucked away before I have search further field.

Cheers

Barry (Burt)

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I had one in the past, again loved it, it was stage 2 and flew. I really like a 3 door though and the edition 30 is a bit more special imo.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Funny he pm’d me on the Facebook owners club page, he seems keen to sell as he has a new car. It looks a well maintained one for sure, I really want to hold off for a nice 3 door though.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve had an s3 @Boydie and I preferred my gti to it 😬.:…scirocco R though I hadn’t thought of that 🤔 are they the same platform? K04 and all the other hardware?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I’ve had an s3 @Boydie and I preferred my gti to it 😬.:…scirocco R though I hadn’t thought of that 🤔 are they the same platform? K04 and all the other hardware?

Yeah exactly the same.

IMG_0438.jpeg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Would you recommend them? 4 seats would suit perfectly.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Pirelli edition's have the same engine etc but they made less of them than they did the ed's. They're even rarer in 3 door. They're not everyone's cup of tea though.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I like the Pirelli edition aswell, seats are class. But as you say, hard to get. I’d also consider a mk6 edition 35 or a Mk6 R in 3 door. There seems to be very few good 3 door ed30 about these days, probably tucked away in garages.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I missed out on one in England today, it sold very fast. I’m looking at Mk6 R and scirocco too if there’s any here.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
I missed out on one in England today, it sold very fast. I’m looking at Mk6 R and scirocco too if there’s any here.
There’s a rising blue one for sale locally (advert is posted in the owners group so not sure if the link will work)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Would you recommend them? 4 seats would suit perfectly.
Yeah I loved it - only thing I didn't like about it was that it was FWD - I mapped it and had a Revo intake so was around 320bhp - when I took it all off for sale, I think I liked it more :joy:

Mine was pre facelift so 2010. The facelift had a different dash board with pods and different bumpers mainly

Pirelli edition's have the same engine etc but they made less of them than they did the ed's. They're even rarer in 3 door. They're not everyone's cup of tea though.

A pirelli is a good shout, limited edition and something rare to see - think there are a couple on here

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
I was going to suggest a Japanese import to get away from the rust issues on mk5s but they are all 5 doors in Japan it seems.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I know cormac I was looking at jdm but yeah unfortunately they are all 5 door it seems

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
What about an r32? The soundtrack alone would surely make it more of an event as a spare car.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What about an r32? The soundtrack alone would surely make it more of an event as a spare car.
Having owned one, they sound fantastic but definitely not the quickest if that's what you're after. They do look good though!
uploadfromtaptalk1356116966541.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.