WANTED! Motocross bike 125/250cc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Hi there, i am looking to get back into off-road bikes again.
So i am after a motoX/scrambler 125/250cc bike if anyone has one that they dont use anymore. Id even take a project bike.
Dont have a huge budget so a mid 90s bike would suit perfect.
I used to have a KTM 125sx when i was really into bikes but that was about 10years ago!

Any help would be great, thanks for looking!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
USED MOTOCROSS BIKE STOCK

Maybe something in there for you, always wanted a scrambler myself.

Cheers for the link @G N K

I actually bought my previous bikes off Norman. Such a sound man and easy to deal with.
Problem is they are abit out of my budget this time around!
Im just looking something to get me started again so nothing to newish yet.
Im in no real hurry so im sure something will pop up for sale.

Dave..

RMS Regular
If you are on face book check out some of the NI bike for sale groups, normally lots of bikes for sale.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Not on facebook David but il get a mate to keep an eye out as he is on there!

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
AK Scramblers in Ballycastle or Stephen Russell in Moneyreagh. Theres a few about on Gumtree aswell.
125 and 250 two strokes are fetching too much money these days (lots racing them in the EVO classes now), expect to pay around a grand for a 91' 92' 125cc and around £1250 for a late nineties - early naughties and thats buying private, not from a dealer.
250 two strokes are ridiculous prices ! 250 four strokes are much better value for money now, you can pick up a good mid/late 2000's one for around £1200.

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Cheers for the info @DriftnSlide
Yes ive been looking at 125s and 250s and the older ones really are holding their money!
I am really just looking something abit rough around the edges to get me back out on track with the plan being to upgrade once i get a good few hours under my belt!

Id love a big 4 stroker but i think it would be too sharp for me as ive not been on a bike for about 4years!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Not at all,
Take a run on a 4 stroke 250, it'll surprise you how easy they are to ride.

My mate has a 4 stroker so im planning to head out with him in the next few weeks and see how i get on lol..

Ive got the itch again for a bike so need to get myself something!

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
You'll be grand lad, my wee lad rides an 85 and throws his leg over my mates sx250f every now and again and rides away at it. They're easy to get on with, when you want to ride slow/learn and can scamper on rightly, when you get back in to the swing of things again. They're far easier to get on with than a 2 stroke but maybe not as much fun. lol

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
That was always the thing that i loved about a 125cc, revving the nuts off it & constantly gear changing,you really had to be alert which made it so exciting lol..
Miss spending a saturday on the bike,so much craic to be had!

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Just keep an eye on gumtree too as plenty come along. You probably know what your doing but there are some bikes being advertised as newer than they really are. Not sure if it's genuine mistake on the sellers part but always good to check frame/engine numbers with the year of bike,

iainbig

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
I have a rm 250 2stroke project I. Selling as I moved house if your intrested 1984.
Frame and radiators been painted good tyres and wheels and sprockets new shoes etc. If intrested pm me sure

Attachments

• 20160628_165641.jpg
    20160628_165641.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 89
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.