We buy any car - what a massive difference in price in 4 months..

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Do you think you’d get more private than the WBAC quote? If so, I’d so stick it up here and niusedcars for a week, anyone serious with buy it, if your only talking a few hundred extra on a private I would not be bothered with the hassle of a private sale tbh! no bites then go WBAC

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Do you think you’d get more private than the WBAC quote? If so, I’d so stick it up here and niusedcars for a week, anyone serious with buy it, if your only talking a few hundred extra on a private I would not be bothered with the hassle of a private sale tbh! no bites then go WBAC

Car is going up for sale next week.... could be interesting this one!

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Anyone tried WBAC recently? Decent online valuation and am expecting them to come down at the appointment just trying to gauge how much by.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
Depends how many clear and obvious fault they can find that would impact the value. Best way to find out is to go to the appointment, you can walk away if it's too low.

Ant

RMS Regular
had the z4 pretty much unused since febuary with having to use my cr-v to take the three of us around, going throw it into wbac i think in the next week or so just to get rid of it,

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Anyone tried WBAC recently? Decent online valuation and am expecting them to come down at the appointment just trying to gauge how much by.

They were way off on mine, about 4k less than I was offered on a trade in

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
They came back to me this morning offering about £1.5k more than they did last week for the Golf. Actually considering taking it

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
They came back to me this morning offering about £1.5k more than they did last week for the Golf. Actually considering taking it

Contacted them about a week ago regarding the other half’s car (currently trying to sell it privately). WBAC offered us just over £500 more than the original offer a week ago which makes it a really strong offer - thinking of taking it myself!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
got an appointment for sunday for mine, will see how it goes

Be interested to hear as it could definitely be an option for us if the car doesn’t sell over the weekend. Not exactly in a rush to sell the car but would be nice to have it gone prior to getting her new car (due in a couple of weeks max).

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Contacted them about a week ago regarding the other half’s car (currently trying to sell it privately). WBAC offered us just over £500 more than the original offer a week ago which makes it a really strong offer - thinking of taking it myself!
This offer still isn't THAT strong but I'm fed up with trying to sell it privately. Have had 6 people now contact me about it. Four offered absolutely insulting money then tried to start an argument with me when I told them no (have a feeling it might be the same person tbh) and two people who arranged to see it then just didn't show up.

Ant

RMS Regular
Be interested to hear as it could definitely be an option for us if the car doesn’t sell over the weekend. Not exactly in a rush to sell the car but would be nice to have it gone prior to getting her new car (due in a couple of weeks max).

Be interesting to see how far off the quote they go when i get there, in my case because it's not an expensive amount i'm after a 20% knock down wouldn't be the end of the world or whatever, if it was vastly more than a grand or so i was after i'd probably sell it privately but for the fact i'm not driving it and have two other cars i just cant be arsed with the time wasters.

Car runs, mot till sept, good tyres, remote hood, replaced control arms/shocks/discs bushes etc few years back so it's not bad other than fact it's got 139k on it and the alloys are in a state as most bmw replica alloys are, you'd never think it was a 2003 tbh, it's never "mint" but it's not a heap either.

soon see i expect like anything you'll get the usual low ball>middle ground effort

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Ok... so I thought I would post just to update the thread.

Yesterday I asked for a updated quote from WBAC and surprisingly it the price quoted increased again by £400!

I booked an appointment today and they knocked £150 of their quoted price for a smart repair to the stone chips on the front bumper.

So I would have left the car with them there and then but I need to wait for my new V5 because I needed to put a Reg on retention.

So please keep your fingers crossed for me that they hold the price until next week because I have just paid the deposit on my new car.

Easy, pain free process - very pleasant and professional staff.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news, did you advertise privately in the end??

Watch ya gettin, watch ya gettin?????

davyk31

RMS Regular
You will probably find next weeks price is higher. I have got 3 quotes over rye last 2 weeks for my Macan and first was up £1000 and quote yesterday another £500 on top.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Be interesting to see how far off the quote they go when i get there, in my case because it's not an expensive amount i'm after a 20% knock down wouldn't be the end of the world or whatever, if it was vastly more than a grand or so i was after i'd probably sell it privately but for the fact i'm not driving it and have two other cars i just cant be arsed with the time wasters.

Car runs, mot till sept, good tyres, remote hood, replaced control arms/shocks/discs bushes etc few years back so it's not bad other than fact it's got 139k on it and the alloys are in a state as most bmw replica alloys are, you'd never think it was a 2003 tbh, it's never "mint" but it's not a heap either.

soon see i expect like anything you'll get the usual low ball>middle ground effort

PM me if you decide not to WBAC with a price please

davyk31

RMS Regular
PM me if you decide not to WBAC with a price please

@big_pete I have a beautiful Macan GTS that I am maybe selling, would be a lovely car for you. Late 2016 with less than 10000 miles. Pm me if you want any more details, totally immaculate, Sapphire Blue with 21” black Sports Classics.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
@big_pete I have a beautiful Macan GTS that I am maybe selling, would be a lovely car for you. Late 2016 with less than 10000 miles. Pm me if you want any more details, totally immaculate, Sapphire Blue with 21” black Sports Classics.

That would be well out of my budget I would say lol