What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Only about 210 miles/4 hours until I get home and been sitting still in traffic on the M7 for the last 30mins. Must be a half decent accident up the road and the dildo in the van beside me pulls over on to the hard shoulder to see what's going on blocking 2 ambulances
20240123_155925.jpg

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Had a white l200 try to race me up the climbing lane at Ballymoney then flashed me when I pulled back in to the left lane. Then they turned left down a side road at the top of the climbing lane?! Wtf was the point in trying to hold me out?!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
As someone driving between Dublin and NI very regularly, poor lane discipline is much more frustrating and dangerous (and often the culprits have NI regs)
This, on the M1 to Dublin regularly and the worst lane discipline and total lack of courteous driving is more frequently northern or UK reg cars.

More often to not there'll be some utter cretin sitting in the overtaking lane, overtaking nothing.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Had a white l200 try to race me up the climbing lane at Ballymoney then flashed me when I pulled back in to the left lane. Then they turned left down a side road at the top of the climbing lane?! Wtf was the point in trying to hold me out?!

Love that stretch off the roundabout, make up some ground past the slow coaches in the outside lane - wife hates it and asks me what's the point :joy:

#Alphadriver

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Fecking potholes at Boucher Cresent as you leave Boots etc. Gave the Audi a proper fecking thump, wasnt even going any speed. Glad I didn't do the same with the Jag, as it felt like I would've probably bust the tyre/alloy 😡

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The roads are bloody awful at the moment. There is a road leading from the TemplePatrick line near Ballyclare to Ballyrobert village that is lethal with them at the moment. One of them is right in the middle of the road just as you're coming around a right hand bend.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Westlink is mental tonight heading south. Traffic can't clear quick enough and then traffic coming from Bangor and Carrick backing each other up compounding matters. Sh1tshow.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
The ‘lag’ when your maybe car 6 back from the traffic lights. By the time everyone in front of you finishes with Facebook and god knows what else and gets there act together, instead of being ready to go.
Even worse when I'm high up in the van and can see the lights change (rather than most people just wait till they see the car in front moving)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Didn't annoy me as it was a pretty big RTC this morning at 0530 which I was first on scene so to speak while heading to the gym - police car was fully lit up coming down towards Connswater to which I stopped to let them on past. No car in between me and the police car and nothing up ahead, road was dead and lit up like a xmas tree due to the blues and twos

However, I couldn't see what fully happened but from my understanding, I think it was a blue 107 pulled out from the left in front of the cop car (again, road clear, nothing on it at all) and it basically got jack knifed.

Both cops got out ok, driver looked in pain and the passenger attended the 107 elderly man (who had a loose dog in the car) - I put the window down and asked how they were and if needed any help then told to head on. Do feel I should have stayed :confounded: it was right beside the bus stop too with people waiting for the bus so plenty hands on and witnesses.

Causing complete chaos to traffic this morning anyway, both cars were taking up either side of the road. Don't know how the guy didn't not see the only car on the road coming towards him with blue flashing lights and sirens 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Didn't annoy me as it was a pretty big RTC this morning at 0530 which I was first on scene so to speak - police car was fully lit up coming down towards Connswater to which I stopped to let them on past. No car in between me and the police car and nothing up ahead, road was dead and lit up like a xmas tree due to the blues and twos

However, I couldn't see what fully happened but from my understanding, I think it was a blue 107 pulled out from the left in front of the cop car (again, road clear, nothing on it at all) and it basically got jack knifed.

Both cops got out ok, driver looked in pain the passenger attended the 107 elderly man (who had a loose dog in the car) - put the window down and asked how they were and if needed any help then told to head on. Do feel I should have stayed :confounded: it was right beside the bus stop too with people waiting for the bus so plenty hands on and witnesses.

Causing complete chaos to traffic this morning anyway, both cars were taking up either side of the road. Don't know how the guy didn't not see the only car on the road coming towards him with blue flashing lights and sirens 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
Because people are ****ing stupid. I dealt with more accidents at scenes of accidents than was normal because the lovely flashy lights obviously mesmerised people and made them do ****ing ridiculous things.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Flip hope everyone is alright, a smash like that doesn't bode well for someone elderly. You did the right thing Boydie getting on out of the way.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I heard on the radio there they’re looking for dash cam footage and witnesses. Might be worth sending it in if you have any @Boydie

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I heard on the radio there they’re looking for dash cam footage and witnesses. Might be worth sending it in if you have any @Boydie

Strangely, I did check my camera after the incident and oddly it wasn't recording!

May ring 101 on the way home as I do feel bad for not staying