What upgraded head unit/solution to incorporate bluetooth in skoda?

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
My brother has a skoda superb with the below head unit in it, he wants bluetooth streaming and maps would be a nice addition. Is the best option an android auto head unit? if so which one, or what are his options. (apologies im clueless about this kind of stuff)

Attachments

• skoda headunit.jpg
    skoda headunit.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 38

markmeus

RMS Regular
Theres a genuine VAG headunit availble in China that does bluetooth and apple carplay / android auto.
Google RCD330 - a lot of people online seem to have fitted them to golfs/leons etc.

And also not sure what it's like to fit - I looked into it on my old Leon but changed cars before ever getting round to ordering one.
Found this on ebay Skoda Green Noname 187B Androidauto RCD330 Plus RCD330G Carplay Octavia Fabia | eBay You'd probably need a fascia adapter from skoda.
And here's a link to someone else whos done the swap Skoda Superb: Swapped the stock Bolero system with an RCD330 Plus

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I installed a Sony 8.95" XAD-8050 to my Rapid Spaceback, and it's flawless as an Android Auto unit. Not cheap, but worth it.
The facia kit is £10 from Skoda (I forget the part number but Mulholland's staff will know what you need)
Then, it's just a matter of an install kit from Connects2