What would you do???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Before my accident i won a 2.0 16 Vauxhall red top engine on Ebay but obviously i wasn't able to collect it, so i sent the seller his email :

Jamie

You may or may not remember but i was the winning bidder for your 2.0 16v Courtney engine and paid you via PayPal fpr it. Soon after, was involved in a serious car accident in my Impreza where i lost a leg and can't drive at all now. I've been in hospital since the start of July and was just wondering hat happened to the engine

Cheers
Craig

I got this email back from him :

Hi Craig,

Very sorry to hear about your accident, can’t imagine what that must be like.

Re the engine: in one of my previous email’s I said that I would have to put the engine outside, which I did, for you to collect at your leisure because of the fact that I had run out of room in the garage and at that time and you had failed to pick it up on several arranged dates. The engine sat outside for a week or so and then I stopped noticing it, I just assumed you had collected.

Sorry there is nothing more I can do.

Best wishes for the future

Jamie Dickinson

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
When he says he left it outside for you to 'collect' - does he live locally? Arrange for a mate to pay him a visit :grinning:

Gaz

p 5ary

RMS Regular
did you arrange to get it several times as he said?
pay him a visit, i take it you have his address
what type of money is involved

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
It was over in Enghland and i intended to pick it up when i was picking up a car (which i never got either :worried: )

Can't claim from eBay/PayPal as he offered it to me when the original winner pulled out :worried:

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
It was over £200 so not really small change :worried:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
He's obviously a chancer but it's one of those situations where there isn't much you can do. Just to put the wind up him a bit, you should maybe tell him that you're going to have to report it stolen to the police and they'll be round to take a statement

Gaz

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
Thats a good idea Gaz! i also have another matter where i paid a gy a deposit for a car off eBay (£100) and never got to collect it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
the deposit (given the nature of deposits) will be gone mate :worried:

The engine on the other hand you are due for.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I would do as Gaz said and tell him it's to be reported stolen etc

pablo

RMS Moderator
ask for a refund and if he says no say ok then Ill report it to the cops and see if I can get my money back off the guy that stole it.

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
yeah but who knows who stole it?????????

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Where abouts in england???

Yep do as above, email him saying that it wasn't u lifted it., as im sure he prob knows, and that u'd like ur dosh back!!! If not do the report it stolen, get the old bill round to his as gaz said!!

And finally u have his address?? sure mate u could come over here to vist me, by plane.,and we take a wee road trip., Might just so happen we find a redtop at his, or alternative payment if his garage is full!!!;) ;)

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
Its in Glouestershire if remember correctly. I also have a fully paid for car over (over £800 worth) in Birmingham tha i never got as well as a deposit of £100 another car!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
perhaps im just a bad judge of character, but to me he does seem civil enough.

as Gary said, were there exact times arranged when you were going pick it up as he suggested? if not, then he's bang out of order leaving it outside, but if there were- and these were before the accident- then i can see why he would have got pissed off. obviously leaving it outside is just a tad over the top though.

lets see what he says in reply to Gaz's idea :grinning:

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
I emailed him back so iswit to see what he says. The fact that someone just nicked it though soes se ui'
I tihi i=6u drrm far geydee!

big cyril

RMS Regular
Load of crap if you ask me - left it outside then assumed you'd picked it up?:relieved:
As if it was the wheelie bin waiting for the bin men?^o)

BTW the last line of your last post doesen't make sense.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
you dont put an engine outside and not 'notice it' anymore unless he left it totally out of sight - but to say he assumed you'd collected it total **** - would you just dander round to someones house and help yourself without knocking the door or saying hello?

put the wind up him, see what he says.
check his ebay feedback and make sure he didnt sell it on in the last few months or if hes on any online vauxhall forums etc....

peter

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
Sorry Cyril, im on heavy medication (all legeal!) :

"The fact that someone just nicked it though seeems far from beliveable!"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.