What would you do???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pulsator

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan GTIROC Re
If you paid via paypal you can still claim up to 90days though for a none delivery or receiving items not as described i get bum steered once a month but get all my dooh back and in the eyes of the law you owen the engine when it was outside so was up to you to protect it but you did not take delivery of it so was in care off seller this could become difficult if you had to take civil action against him.

Best advice is to contact Paypal customer services dept

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
hope it doesnt c0me to tha5;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
pulsator said:
If you paid via paypal you can still claim up to 90days though for a none delivery or receiving items not as described i get bum steered once a month but get all my dooh back and in the eyes of the law you owen the engine when it was outside so was up to you to protect it but you did not take delivery of it so was in care off seller this could become difficult if you had to take civil action against him.

Best advice is to contact Paypal customer services dept
it was at the tsart ir July :-# :-# :-#

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
VEN©M said:
check his ebay feedback and make sure he didnt sell it on in the last few months or if hes on any online vauxhall forums etc....

peter
already dome peter

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Total cr4p one lad, hope you don't end up just having to take it on the chin. As Lyons said, he does seem civil enough in his reply. Think I'd contact Paypal as I'm sure they know the in's and out's of the law in these situations. Otherwise I'd ,maybe see what the citizens advice ppl say.

I would have thought the item would still be the sellers responability untill the buyer collected it :relieved:

Good luck paccers
jamesy

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
well a week later and not an email back. obiously he's on the stroke :worried:

not much i can do with it being so far away, didn't recieve an email back from the guy about the car i sent a £100 cash deposit for either!!!!

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
distance is a problem for a start and then i guess it'd cost me more than its worth to claim succesfully!

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
might look into that. seems the guy owns a company/workshop as well. :p

big cyril

RMS Regular
Reckon it's worth making a few noises about small claims court at least , might encourage him to cough up especially if he has a workshop as it wouldn't exactly be good advertising for him.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
To be honest, I would take it to small claims court if I was in that situation ...... even if I ended up being no better off moneywise, I'd rather attribute it to legal fees than to the satisfaction of some smug c-u-n-t who thinks he's got one over me :grinning:

Gaz

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
Being going over some old emails. Seems as though he offered me the engine as a 2nd chance offer, but i was too late so agreed to send him the money by PayPal and buy the engine. Thats definitely gainst eBay rules on his part i'm sure of it. :p

pablo

RMS Moderator
thats proba a bad thing mate means they wont cover u :worried:

at least u paypalled it so some proof you paid.

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
yeah but eBay always make a big thing over never accepting offers/sales outside eBay so might work in my favour?

pablo

RMS Moderator
yeah they say it tho because you WONT be covered. they might slap him on the wrist for it.

Id threaten it like might work. report to ebay/paypal and small claims.

CapMan

Banned
OP
CapMan
Drives
Wait and see!
I'll get onto it tomorrow.

Theres also the matter of the £100 deposit i paid for that other car and the £800+ car that i am yet to contact the previous owner about!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.