What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
much to look out for with them?
Was going ask same lol

Clutch for sure (if manual), even with my uprated clutch, the new owner after me had to replace it again and it had 375bhp, not 415 that he is claiming in the advert
Cam followers in the fuel pump get worn but its a common thing for most owners to know to change and from memory they are only £25-30
Haldex servicing which is a big thing in the 8V and Golf R but not something I was overly aware of during 8P ownership

Bar the above, nothing massive comes to mind. I put 90k on mine with Stage 2+ and was bullet proof - driven hard every day all across the UK

Reactions: BLS

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Memory on Facebook this morning of my old 8P from Dubshed 2011 :eek:

Attachments

• 1711618421871.png
    1711618421871.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: RWL

E4mon

RMS Regular
Mine is the standard wheel base model and I think there’s only 5 inches difference - surely you’d hardly notice that! 😀

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I have to agree! Grey leather is a massive No from me. SMG I could probably live with if I had to, but I don't think it commands any kind of premium over manual.

Quite the opposite, and the missing roof sig devalues the car.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
Temptation is strong for one of these wallet reapers some day in the future

View attachment 429355

This is basically what I've always pined after getting, having had a neighbour rake his M5 near my house when I was a teen.

Being an ex-press car, with Jeremy Clarkson getting it sideways during its early life on a Manchester Airport, I'm guessing most would steer clear of it.

Likely this won't go for the late £20k/early £30ks that most E61s seem to be asking on AutoTrader in the last year because of it being ex-press. I'm in the "it seems like it hasn't had a bad life" camp and would take a chance on it as it's many years down the road now. The seller here has posted its entire (well, most likely entire) service history in the photos and it doesn't seem like it's had any major work done because of failures. Needs its rod bearings/vanos stuff done, so that'd be £2.5-3k of work, if you wanted more peace of mind.

Would you take a chance on it?

Gambit

RMS Regular
The wee audi a3 1.8T I bought during covid has popped up for sale.....was a brilliant wee car that.

Can't be too sure its 3yrs he owned it as I think I only sold it to @PieMan1 in 2022

EDIT: Hmm maybe not I sold it in 2021...doesn't feel that long ago

Screenshot_20240403_220616_Facebook.jpg