What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Good thing she hates red @Jbridges522

We are after the 2.1 CDI with 170bhp or so - the other 2.1 is only 136bhp but I guess it can be mapped

The Motorsport one (Petronas colours) is 177bhp but she thinks the green accents are "tacky"

DJMCA

RMS Regular
haha ok, she hath spoketh
Half the population is now offended lol
Football Sport GIF by Curious Pavel

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I know a few members here have/had them. They sound glorious! Not sure I could afford to daily one but I love the thought of it😂

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I know a few members here have/had them. They sound glorious! Not sure I could afford to daily one but I love the thought of it😂

Loved mine. Proper ignorant thing. Not that quick but brilliant for hanging the tail out.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i

We are after the 2.1 CDI with 170bhp or so - the other 2.1 is only 136bhp but I guess it can be mapped

The Motorsport one (Petronas colours) is 177bhp but she thinks the green accents are "tacky"

Unimportant I know but a few of my neighbours have mercs with this engine and all of them sound absolutely offensive to my ears. You'd think Merc consulted Dees Exhaust on how the average culchie wants their derv to sound and ran with it.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Unimportant I know but a few of my neighbours have mercs with this engine and all of them sound absolutely offensive to my ears. You'd think Merc consulted Dees Exhaust on how the average culchie wants their derv to sound and ran with it.
The noise of all the vag diesels in blue lights is bloody horrendous, think they could dub some v8 noises in

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
We used to have an automatic CLA shooting brake, which is basically a stretched out A Class and I hated the jerk you’d get into reverse.
Must be a common problem as I heard someone else complaining about the same thing.
Any throttle input at all and you’re nearly head butting the steering wheel.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
We are not ready for a Volvo just yet :joy:

I always liked the R-Design ones.

The ex has a V40 T2- I know you don't want a petrol, but just commenting because I'm trying to distract myself from work. They're kind of interesting in a weird way and surely as 'old-persony' as an A-Class/Q5, no? For some reason they decided to put a 2 litre petrol in some of them like hers, then restricted it to 112bhp. It meant though that the tax was reasonably low, insurance good and around 50mpg.

They can be mapped to 200bhp without any other mods which is a nice jump.

I always thought the R-design kit makes them look quite sporty and interior is nice. Hers has Park Pilot (?) so self parallel parking, front and rear parking sensors, nice half leather, etc etc.

The only thing I hated was the really angular shape of the boot entry :worried:

Last edited:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Last edited:

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

Ive an A200 and CLA200 coming in.

Both AMG Lines, the CLA is auto

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Ive an A200 and CLA200 coming in.

Both AMG Lines, the CLA is auto

Sent you a text - she would prefer the hatch as she hates saloons :joy: and red cars :joy:
Edit: also seen the Q5 driving near Fundonald one afternoon last week. Recognised the plate.

Probably stinking - I love the car and think it still looks great after 13 years when minted up

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
haha ok, she hath spoketh
There's an A class drives around Ballyclare which is Matt black with yellow at the back. It has a sunstrip that covers about 60% of the windscreen and has "antisocial" written on it. I'm always driving when I see it so never get a picture of it.

Now, if that isn't the very definition of chavvy, I don't know what is. 🤣

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S