Where do I stand?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Patch

Went to a garage to have my engine looked at about a month and a half ago. Head gasket had gone, so for the same price as skimming it, they replaced the engine. Got the car back 3 weeks ago, and it was still going through a lot of water and boiling up in the reservoir. Had them collect it and look at it again (took them a week to collect it), got it back last tuesday and the same is happening again, it went through a whole tank of water in 2 days! The second time they had the car, they had charged me for replacing the loom as it had melted (something I suspect was their fault for not correctly fixing the problem in the first place, anyway, neither here nor there). I am really annoyed at this point, and was wondering if there would be any point seeking legal advice?

darzo-clio

RMS Regular
Drives
320msport
this problem seems to a similar one i had, reason behind it was thermostat. A new thermostat sorted it out for me, hope it helps.

pablo

RMS Moderator
firing an unknown engine in seems drastic. what car is it?

Did they even change the engine at all I wonder?

Patch

OP
P
1999 corsa b. I am getting a mechanic who lives up the road from me to look at it, which is what I should have done in the first place, but it was my overzealous mum who got it lifted by the cowboys in Omagh before telling me, so it was gone before I knew what was going on. The mechanic I know is a good one, very reasonable for the work he has done for me before, so I'm glad to have it looked at by someone I know and trust to do a good job. Well, from what I saw in their garage they had changed it as the old one was lying on the ground and it definitely runs differently to the previous one. Anyway, heads up, do not go to Fast Fix in the Gortin Rd indst estate in Omagh. Useless mechanics, very expensive and very very cheeky!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You should be able to tell very quicly if the engine has been swapped out using the tax book and engine number.

Sounds like they've got a duff engine... bad craic.

Patch

OP
P
Just having no luck with cars this weather at all! Don't even mention the tax book, the dealer is dicking me about with the tax book, cherished transfer my arse!

Deleted member 13907

D
Just having no luck with cars this weather at all! Don't even mention the tax book, the dealer is dicking me about with the tax book, cherished transfer my arse!

You didn't buy from JRS did you?

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
1999 corsa b. I am getting a mechanic who lives up the road from me to look at it, which is what I should have done in the first place, but it was my overzealous mum who got it lifted by the cowboys in Omagh before telling me, so it was gone before I knew what was going on. The mechanic I know is a good one, very reasonable for the work he has done for me before, so I'm glad to have it looked at by someone I know and trust to do a good job.

I need some engine work done on my focus. Been waiting nearly 9 weeks now for my local mechanic (who is usually very helpfully & coprative) :worried: Whats the name of the mechanic you use? Is he near Omagh?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.