Where to get Insurance cover for a day or two....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghost

RMS Regular
As above,

Picking a wee runabout up later on, and obviously need it insured before hand. Where could I insure one online cheaply enough?!?!

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Thats a joke. Apprarently they couldnt ensure me on a 406.....

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
I've also tried that site and they wouldn't insure me on my mate's Morris Minor 1000 lol

There are other sites online.. just google temporary car insurance.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Some of them depends on your age i think? Some over 21 and some 25 i think?

You'll get loads of ones on google like dayinsure :grinning:

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Ive tried all of them, and dayinsure was looking to charge £456 for 14days cover on a 406 diesel.

Ip paid 1k for the gti for a year ffs.

Really stressing out here, need this car sorted for the morning................

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Cheers Pabs.

I cant understand why its so hard to ensure a wee diesel runaround for a few days....christ the night.

Smog

RMS Regular
Could do a regular policy paying monthly with 0ncb and cancel it when done? ask for their cancellation fee before hand

EDIT
Dont most 12month policies have a cooling off period too

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Can't you do a temporary substitution in your current policy?

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Have no car or policy at the minute. I had done that before with the courtesy car, worked out around £21 pw......

I feels sick its annoying me so much

Marc

RMS Moderator
insure it for the year, and drive it until you find the car you want, then swap the policy to your new car.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
As said above you could take out a new policy then cancel it within the (usually 14 day) cooling off period. You will pay a cancelation fee, but it won't be much.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
insure it for the year, and drive it until you find the car you want, then swap the policy to your new car.

That sounds like a bit of an idea actually...I hope I can get that sorted to be able to get into work for around 10am....

Up early for me!

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Compare the market short term car insurance, was the only place i could find to cover me for a few days. Rac and day insurance wouldn't

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.