Who for insuring Integra's?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gary87

RMS Regular
Phoned up Quinns today to get a quote for a DC2 JDM ITR. Told me I couldn't get a quote on an Integra until I was 30. Six weeks ago they told me I had to be 21!! Anybody got any advice on who to call for insurance. Tried Flux as well, apparently they don't cover Honda's in Northern Ireland.

Thanks

Gary

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Yea just tell them you've bought the car, if they ask for the reg just say you dont have it handy. I had to do that to get them to swap over to the Civic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I went through confused.com and quinn came out cheapest by a mile...

Most companies wont touch 98 specs, but you shouldnt have a problem with 96 spec or UKDM :confounded:

Unless still in teens???

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
The vast majority of them are owned by poppers sniffing homos and are therefore at higher risk of being involved in an accident.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
whats wrong with 98spec DC?
Very good question and i couldnt even begin to answer that... Just seems to be the way... Well only some of are poppers sniffing homos as Gee pointed out :oops:

Only expensive extras i can think of would be the HID headlights to make them not want to be touched??? Apart from that only differences really are a very slighter better breathing exhaust system, extra stud in the hubs, slightly better suspension, 1" bigger wheels, different rear bumper....

Bar that, nothin much different for anythin else you can get for the others :confounded:

gary87

RMS Regular
OP
gary87
I went through confused.com and quinn came out cheapest by a mile...

Most companies wont touch 98 specs, but you shouldnt have a problem with 96 spec or UKDM :confounded:

Unless still in teens???

Nope DC, I'm 21 there in January. I don't want a UKDM, they just don't look as good as the JDM ones and don't think I'd get as good an example of one if it was 96spec?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Like any motor theres good and bad ones, just have to look...

But yes i have to agree on the looks things though ;)

If you have any NCB your bound to get a quote of someone... But i fear it will be over the grand figure at that age goin by Bronks price...

gary87

RMS Regular
OP
gary87
I don't mind paying over the grand figure to be honest, Greenlight will only cover the UKDM ones so I applied for a quote through them to see what it would be. I got one quote on confused which was £2278 with an £800 excess with Endsleigh, every other company refused on age or the basis it was an import.

gary87

RMS Regular
OP
gary87
Flux won't insure Honda's in Northern Ireland apparently?

gary87

RMS Regular
OP
gary87
Greenlight quoted me £1297.70 on a UKDM. Could be the winner!

marko_d

RMS Regular
Drives
Series 2 Rs Turb
im 24 wit 5 years ncb and cudnt get anyone to give me a decent quote on my dc2. ended up havin to go in my mums name wit elephant for 420.

E17MET

RMS Regular
Drives
m3 evo
i have mine for sale after two weeks of ownership as being 22 with one years ncb and points for speeding dont go too well when looking for quotes

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
directline for mine .... and the missus is on it, FC with 2 yrs ncb and shes 25. i think its about £500.

gary87

RMS Regular
OP
gary87
unfortunately directline don't do under 22s in Northern Ireland :confounded:

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i`ll probably big up directline again, tho i honestly dont know, but i got good ek9 quotes off them

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.