Who for Trade Insurance

• Thread starter Deleted member 13907
  • Start date
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deleted member 13907

D
Basically I'm 23, have had my license since I was 17 and own insurance on private car since I was 18. I have been doing valeting since I was 18 in my spare time and have also bought and sold a few cars. Want to make a bit more of a go at this, as I already have contacts, experience, etc (just lacking a bit of capital really) so am considering motor trade insurance for myself. Can anyone suggest any company who would take me on for a reasonable premium. I can add my dad, etc if that would help.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Sort of exact same position as the OP. same age, details, clean licence 6 years 6 year ncb etc. All cars always been properly insured in my own name etc including the evo but i change cars a bit to often its getting boring constantly swapping the details over. Apparently gh bell are no longer giving trader to under 25's ?

Deleted member 13907

OP
D
I think a trader I work for is with GH Bell. I was a named driver for a while but then they said they couldn't insure me anymore. I think at that stage they would only insure over-23s, but that was just as a named driver.

What sort of figure could I expect? I wouldn't need a high value on my cover - the max. value would be 5-10k roughly.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
1200 quid would be such a saving for me a year.

Might need to enquire

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
I have had my traders policy with McGrady Insurance in Downpatrick for the last ten years. Good people with good service.

Dan

RMS Regular
have rang McGrady's and S Rankin 5 minutes ago and they will not provide a trade policy to under 25's

chas2010

RMS Member
hi , ring Campbell autoline 02870344321 have a very good policy with them

Alan212- used to be 18 then went to 21 ( for Amlin )

just my 2 p here,
if your a valet-er get a full business policy, IE to cover your work, goods in trasit( all your gear) and your customer cars(liability) then add on the car policy. the insurers look better on these policy's in my own opinion

i got the missus added last year, shes insured(25) for anything fully comp upto and including 2.0L (no vans) to a maximum of 20K the addon for the policy was .....................................

£47.00 yes it isnt a typo

give them a ring buddy hope it helps

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.