why you keep your eyes open on the freeway - female R1 rider crashes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Dawn, is a member and admin of the socal sport bike Club (SSC) which i just joined recently, shes an experienced rider and has a yamaha R1.

this is what happened her on friday on the freeway....she buys and wears all the best stuff and has a helmet with an integrated camera.

she's a bit beat up but totally ok.

http://www.smoothcurvesracing.com/images/Accident20060210.wmv

lucky girl (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lucky indeed, my word. Good to see the Americans are so helpful, id say most folk would drive on here.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
she'll tell you she's not lucky. people laugh at her for wearing her full gear EVERY time she goes riding, full leathers with all the protection.

what happened her was unlucky but she gave herself a fighting chance by gearing up right.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
what the heck was that civic doing? when i was in florida i was amazed by the amount of people on bikes with just a t shirt and shorts on. Skin graft anyone!

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
yea u dont see that as much in cali, sure helmets weren't even compulsary a few years back.

i burned me feckin leg against the exhuasts wearing 3/4s so i learned a harsh lesson!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
i thought helmets werent compolsory at all? got a good few bike vids here and they're all wheelie-ing up the freeway at 120mph with no helmet/leathers on! crazy!

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
On a few bike forums I go on to this video has been doing the rounds. It's a small world.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
holy crap - wonder wot happened to the civic that it spun like that

always_sideways

RMS Regular
Drives
Almera
His back wheels locked up before he "swerved"! i reckon he handbraked! what was he "swerving" for anyway?!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.