Wiring Help?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Ok simple enough but im double checkin!!

Genesis Dual Mono + M6 Dual 4ohm VC's

bridgin amp and runnin in parallel ie. + of each VC together and then on2 the amp + and same wit the -.

Will this b 2ohm overall? Some1 said 2 me that it would be 1ohm but i cant c how :confounded:

Dont think there's anyway to get it 2 1ohm, but if there is some1 let me know!!!

Pete

-Pete-

RMS Regular
wire it in parallel like this pete

1 DVC driver with Voice Coils in Parallel
Connecting the two voice coils of the driver in parallel (+ to +, - to -) will result in the following impedances:
Dual-6 Ohm Subwoofer: 3 Ohms
Dual-4 Ohm Subwoofer: 2 Ohms
Dual-2 Ohm Subwoofer: 1 Ohms
Dual-1.5 Ohm Subwoofer: 0.75 Ohm

DVC_Parallel_1.gif

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
that was wot i thought was the best way to do it.

Heres a random question...can i run wires from the amp straight to the first VC then have another set in connected to those terminals runnin round to the other VC? or will this fook it up somehow?

would save me joinin wires as the sub's arse out so i wont b usin terminals.

Cheers Pete...u r an endless source of knowledge!!!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
btw i mean connect it up basically as it is in that pic. 4 wires goin in one set of terminals on the top VC

-Pete-

RMS Regular
no im pretty sure of the top of my head that youll have to wire it as is in the picture.
the coils need tto create the load for the amp to see, but ,maybe im not sure what you mean though.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
basically i was wonderin if i have to have 2 sets of wires comin from each terminal on each VC then join them. Then connect this to the + and - feeds from the amp

OR

can i wire the amp terminals to VC 1 then take wires from the + and - of VC 1 round to VC 2?

i think the 2nd one should work cos the terminals r just like havin wires but dont wanna risk fookin up the M6 or dual mono!!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
wot i wanna do is basically wot ur pic shows cos it'll mean me usin less cablin and ive got just about enough to do that

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Peje said:
basically i was wonderin if i have to have 2 sets of wires comin from each terminal on each VC then join them. Then connect this to the + and - feeds from the amp

OR

can i wire the amp terminals to VC 1 then take wires from the + and - of VC 1 round to VC 2?

i think the 2nd one should work cos the terminals r just like havin wires but dont wanna risk fookin up the M6 or dual mono!!

im pretty sure the second way you said there is the way you were meant to do it anyway as in you wire up each voice coil to each other so positive to positve and negative to negative so thats two sets of wires on the back of the sub before its even gone near the amp

then on the SAME SIDE connect in the positve and negative connected to the amp and hey presto.

dont think theres much way around it to be honest :grinning:

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
lol its so simple but i cant get it in2 words.

In that diag there r 4 wires, that how i should do it, 'VC2 to VC1' then 'VC1 to amp'

pablo

RMS Moderator
2 x D4 subs will end up at 1 or 4Ohm mate
1 x D4 sub will be 2 or 8Ohm

wasnt clear which you have tho I think its 1 sub?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
yeh i get you now,lol! stick with it n the pic though,easiest and neatest

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
@Pete-spot on thats wot id prefer 2 do. nice 1

@Pabs- its a DVC M6 D2, tho aparently the D2 doesnt mean its dual 2 ohm VC's, says 4ohm below it.

Pete

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
infact there's another topic cos i wonder if she is dvc 2ohm?!? would b nice 2 get to 1 ohm

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.