Work Autostrada Modena split rims, staggered width 16" 5x114 Jap fitment

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
Work Autostrada Modena split rims, staggered width 16" 5x114 Jap fitment

These came off a Mk2 1991 Toyota MR2, they have all four centre caps & large centre nuts. There is 1 of the black "Modena" badges missing, someone had replaced it with a bit of black rubber & i only noticed it was missing when i removed the wheels.

In decent enough condition considering the age, one of the wider wheels has a small dent in the lip, but a very easy repair.

I spent the day re-polishing the lip/dish of one of the wider rims, see the pics for results. I only done this to show that these lips/dishes will come up pretty much as new with a bit of work (y). To get the dishes done properly, the bolts & centres will need to come out, and there was no point in me doing this if someone wanted to paint the centres :relieved:.

There is no offset/width markings on the wheels that i can see, but assume an offset of ET30-40 & rim width of 8.5J & 8.0J. They sat perfectly on the MR2 that they came off, might be able to find a photo if needed.

On the rear wheels, the tyres are done, but i have a pair of 225/50/16" with 5-6mm tread to go with the wheels. On the fronts, there is 215/40/16 Goodyear Eagles with decent tread, but wearing on the inside edges.:-#

Anyone into the JDM scene will know that Work wheels are top quality, so please don't confuse with cheap crap. A few hours spent on these & you'll have a mint set of rare retro split wheels. They appear to be 2-piece, so removing the centres for painting (if so desired) won't be difficult. Some people refer to these as a copy of the Ferrari Mondial wheels, they look quite similar i suppose.:relieved:

They also come with a full set of nuts & locking nuts.

Call 07572947440.

No texts, offers or arseholes please.(n)

Attachments

• DSCF7582.jpg
    DSCF7582.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • DSCF7592.jpg
    DSCF7592.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 686
  • DSCF7598.jpg
    DSCF7598.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 752
Last edited by a moderator:

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
If you search "Modena Autostrada" on Google Image, you'll find loads of pics of these wheels in different colour combinations & fitted to cars. :grinning:

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
Yeah nice wheel on the right car, the 17" versions are 3-piece splits, aren't they?

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
quality wheel indeed! and i have a funny feeling these are a set that used to be mine!

you should advertise them on driftworks, and other sites, even ebay! i have had 2 sets, and one set of them made close to 600 on driftworks!

Saunts

RMS Regular
they come in 2 piece and 3 piece in 17's as far as i know.

Definately a cheap price for these!

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
I'm thinking of splitting the wheel that i've polished the lip on, and polishing it as well, just to show how good these can look. No point in me painting it if someone wanted it a certain colour.

They aren't your old wheels Bibby, they were on a car that came from England. But feel free to link to this ad on the site you mentioned.

I might stick them on eBay tomorrow, was just seeing if i had any local interest first.

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
This is the wheels on the car that they were on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF6992.jpg
    DSCF6992.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,745

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Hmmm, i reconise that picture

Did you used to advertise on gumtree for breaking MR2s?
Any bits left? lol

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
Can't believe there was zero interest in these at that price. I suppose its all about fitting the biggest wheels possible & cocking up your handling as best you can these days. :party:

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
Need to buy hub adaptors to fit my Volks to the MR2, so thinking of letting these go to pay for them.

They've been split, dishes polished and i've painted the centres gold.

Won't let me edit my original post in here for some reason so will update with new photos & price when i get a chance to.

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
Also, i was only really guesstimating the widths in the original post.

I think the fronts are 7x16" ET34 and rears are 8x16" ET26, as they are Toyota Mk2 MR2 specific fitment.

Only thought about selling them again after @Nicky and @corsacj asked me about selling them recently.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Any tyres on them @PacMan? I'll more than likely take them if you have them next week. I'm not into stretched tyres/spastic camber/sc£n£/5w@g/retarded dish/genuine copies of replica rims, and these would suit the TDS
13 nicely...

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
Aye the tyres mentioned in the original post are still on them. I've driven to Downpatrick and back on them, then took them off to refurb them. They've been sitting in my kitchen ever since. I'll be looking more than the £250 for them though, as i spent at least £50 in paint (Hammerite gold, 1 tin per wheel) and days polishing them. Not expecting that back like, but wouldn't sell them for £250 after refurbing them. Just i can't edit the original post but thought i'd update this topic since all the details were on it.

PacMan

Banned
OP
PacMan
Drives
Impreza
If you could take the £250 price off it, it would be good.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.