Write off queries- update further down

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
She ok?

Bad string of luck she's having.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes barachello, silver golf.

Trying to get private reg off now quickly.

Pablo that was 1 of my first thoughts too!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cut wrist and sore shoulder, knack and chest.

Just landed in Belfast so I'll see soon.

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
I passed it today on my way into work shortly before one. Looked nasty, vectra (I think) pointing in the wrong direction.

At least she walked away from it !

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ok, basically I don't need to worry about the above incident as someone has just written the car off on the Sydenham bypass.

Good lord, sounds nasty. Hope everyone is ok.

As for insurance, who knows. Keep expectations low... Best of luck, hope it works out.

Andy M

RMS Regular
you dont have to if your not at fault. been there done that (y) as long as the other party admits responsibility

False.

Lyons usually takes 2-3 days for assessor to come out, he will place a value on the vehicle before the accident and a value for it in it's current state. Are you letting insurance deal with it or are you using an accident management company

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
I passed the accident earlier and it looked nasty enough, hope shes ok and everything gets sorted quickly.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The insurance companies are sorting it.

A Vauxhall Meriva arrived yesterday for her until either the Golf is fixed or it's value is paid out. Know idea how long it will take the assessor.

Am I wrong to think the balls in our court a bit more because it's the other parties insurance paying out?

After 2 trips to the hospital she has a broken wrist and muscle damage to her neck, chest and hip.

50mph into a concrete barrier in her old Yaris would have been a different story...

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Yeah the ball is more in your court. You can bargain with the assessor about the value as well although sometimes they dont move a lot. At least the injuries arent serious, I had a fairly major accident in a mk4 golf and they are strong cars, as you say luckily it wasnt something smaller/cheaper.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That's shocking mate, hope she makes a speedy recovery. Makes you realise that you can get too worked up about a minor shunt in a car park, only a car at the end of the day,

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Jesus that sounds bad. Hope she recovers OK. To end up with those injuries in a MK4 must mean it was a fairly bad crash.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The day after the crash I put a cherished transfer in to get the plate off as I thought it would be written off.

The assessor phoned yesterday to confirm it was written off, but he's not got a price for it yet. He mentioned about the plate and said we'd need to put a vested interest in for it, and when the wife told him we've already applied for the transfer he wasn't happy and said the insurance company own it now.

Technically because I put the transfer in on the Saturday, surely we still owned the car? Admittedly they were off on holidays for a few days, but the wheels were put in motion.

Andy M

RMS Regular
The day after the crash I put a cherished transfer in to get the plate off as I thought it would be written off.

The assessor phoned yesterday to confirm it was written off, but he's not got a price for it yet. He mentioned about the plate and said we'd need to put a vested interest in for it, and when the wife told him we've already applied for the transfer he wasn't happy and said the insurance company own it now.

Technically because I put the transfer in on the Saturday, surely we still owned the car? Admittedly they were off on holidays for a few days, but the wheels were put in motion.

Incorrect, the vehicle remains the property of the policyholder until which times a figure is agreed, and the vehicle can be removed from storage and salvage sold

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
yes, when my focus got wrote off i was able to remove the plate before they agreed a figure.

Andy M

RMS Regular

Yes vehicle remains the property of client/policyholder until which times pre accident value is agreed and salvage is sold. They cant just tell you for example your vehicle is worth £1k and now belongs to us.

And even after the figures are agreed the vehicle still remains your property if you wish, unless you have informed the insurance co. you wish them to dispose of the salvage for you.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
When i got my polo written of they gave me market value for the car, and to be fair the assessor knew his stuff. But i was still armed with identical cars for sale for the value.

Ididnt use another company, but did use a solicitor (Holmes and Moffett) and they were great!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
The assessor phoned and offered ridiculous money which resulted in my wife getting raging, so he hung up.

Her solicitor told her she cAn take weeks to decide if she wants, is this true?

Surely by keeping the hire car longer and costing them more money it would b cheaper for them just to give what we want?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.