WTD: S14a

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
a gtr? you win the lottery or something!!!! Cheap to buy, running costs are apparantly something else tho!

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Well a few money bags guys on the site seem to think not but for use mear mortals id say yes

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Was getting 8mpg from a 33 GTR without any engine mods, and not raking the balls off it all the time..

I'd say a record was 12mpg in high gear at low revs...

So yes, they really are hard on the juice, especially when you only run Super though it...

It is after all a 2.6ltr twin turbo engine.. Kinda to be expected.

jonspeed04

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos Brennan
Must have been something seriously wrong for a gtr to be doing 8mpg ..

I drove mine from edinburgh to stranraer for about £30. And it was running 1.1 bar boost etc.

Sideways / always off the site went to dublin and back in his recently for about £30 .

I would recommend a gtr to anyone jason an amazing car and i will def have another one. . Only real problem with them is engines and they are very expensive to fix.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
jason you will agree that for me the evo took most of the enjoyment out of going anywhere.. yes it was a good buzz but the turbo buzz for short lived for me

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Yea deffo Benzo, esp for a 2lt.

I wouldnt mind a run in a GTR but im sure it would be good

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That is a steal lovely car and soooooo much potential ... this is the car you should buy (y)

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
Theres nothing much wrong with it!! Sounds like a good car, but by time i buy all them stage one parts etc

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Theres nothing much wrong with it!! Sounds like a good car, but by time i buy all them stage one parts etc

Stage one parts wont be that dear mate:

Air filter ... 60 (Apexi on Apex Performance)
Exhaust system ... £300 (Mongoose/Blitz/HKS on Ebay)
Fuel pump ... £80
Boost controller ... £130 (Blitz/HKS on Ebay)
Super unleaded :grinning:

£570 should get you all those and with a price tag like 2800 on the car its still gonna be a low mileage stage 1 14a at the end of it for 3300-3400

Thats cheap dude.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
yea but reason i wanted a already stage 1 car was to buy coilovers and rims if it didnt already have it.

Iv another car this weekend to see, one iv never had before and never thought about till recently, it technically should be ok!!

Bronk

RMS Regular
im sure clinty will talk on the priceim sure..but at the price its already a bargain , but personally i would rather build my own car..than by some one elses abused example

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Sure buy the car and spend the money on wheels and coilovers and then over the summer build up the performance ... id choose the looks firstly anyway this close to summer ... i modded my engine first as i bought mine in winter.

550 for apex fast road coilovers
Then slam it on some nice JDm wheels ... Ill give you a site i was shown around the time of me getting wheels for mine.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Red has sooooo much potential ...

i3085.jpg

i3084.jpg

i3082.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.