X5 3.0D

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
TT sorted.

Also an X5 3.0D. 04/05 facelift model, or early 06 (cheap tax). Must be automatic. Ideally black leather, but other than that I'm not fussy on spec etc. 1 or 2 owners only and full history. Would like something around the 80k mark, but would go higher dependant on price. Owners and history are key.

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
An X5 properly looked after with few owners is like asking for a 16 year old virgin :p

They don't exist or have a story they ain't telling lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Pretty much...today anyway :p.

Helpful info from a 3.2 owner on here has convinced me its the right choice. Despite at @Gaz putting me off them last week!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye theres bound to be good ones getting traded in all the time by folk that got them new then continued to get them serviced at BM.

RyanM3

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
An X5 properly looked after with few owners is like asking for a 16 year old virgin :p

They don't exist or have a story they ain't telling lol
I have one but it's not for sale:cool:, looked a long time to get her though!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'm in no rush for it luckily, would prefer the TT first.

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
I liked the X5s too and there's brendy just put me off, plenty of TTs around to be choosy I was looking back in March

Jason

RMS Regular
Dad has a late 2005 individual sport x5 think we spent in the region of £1500 to leave it "right" and still more to do, they are endless money pits. He also has a TT 225 as a daily and to be fair apart from a few electrical issues its been spot on.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Careful what you wish for Ian, TTs are not family friendly for when the X5 lays down, not a case of it, when.

Our 4 year old A6 needed a new steering rack. No car is 100% reliable, if you were afraid of everything you might as well just cycle.

From what I can gather with the 04/05 model there's nothing too common that costs thousands to fix.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Our 4 year old A6 needed a new steering rack. No car is 100% reliable, if you were afraid of everything you might as well just cycle.

From what I can gather with the 04/05 model there's nothing too common that costs thousands to fix.
Are the gearboxes different?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
He's not had it long anyway.
image.png

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.