your bahrain predictions???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kurgan

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord
Thought It might be interesting to see everyones predictions for quali and race this weekend before the first competitive session.

for pole: my head says alonso, but have a feeling for vettel, and would love it if it was sutil. but have to go ALONSO

for the race: the maclarens may have a bigger say, but think ALONSO again.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
The way Hamilton was reported to be going through the soft tyres, i doubt he's in for a race win.
Sadly i think Alonso or Seb Vettel. Lewis will stick it on pole though.
Think Button will feature strongly in the race, but won't shine in quali today.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
My predicition is that CarbonKa updates Facebook at least 20 times this weekend with F1 O'Clock updates - its better than watching the GP :p @ Chris :grinning:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
1. Alonso
2. Massa
3. Vettel
4. Webber
5. Hamilton
6. Rosberg
7. Button
8. Schumacher
9. Barrachello
10. Kubica

Brian

RMS Regular
Drives
Baby AMG
Lol I cant see Hamilton winning now :grinning:

I doubt Vettel has it fairly well sorted unless he runs into problemos

Massa was very impressive also.

kurgan

RMS Regular
OP
kurgan
Drives
Accord
my race prediction now is for hamilton and alonso to take each other out (also schumacher and button further down) and Masa to romp to easy victory.

J8MCG

RMS Regular
Great win for alonso. He was closing up to S.V. Over the last few laps which was shaping up to be a good battle. Hard luck with his car letting him down. Alonso showed the best pace all weekend.

kurgan

RMS Regular
OP
kurgan
Drives
Accord
crap race, lots of potential battles, but as soon as anyone closed to within a second in the dirty air they could get no closer.

could be good though with a better track.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
My predicition is that CarbonKa updates Facebook at least 20 times this weekend with F1 O'Clock updates - its better than watching the GP :p @ Chris :grinning:

There weren't many updates yesterday! god the race was poor....

good drive from alonso (sadly) and felt for seb vettel.... Both Mclarens looked poor, but lewis made a better job of it to be fair.

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
Excellent win for alonso - long may it last!
I do feel so bad for Vettel -he worked hard only to be let down by the car.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Sad for Vettel :worried:

Ultra boring "race" after all the exciting build-up :worried:

And Alonso winning, drat :worried: :p

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
well, Alonso has streaked ahead in the FIA "tyre management and cost cutting" championship.......

There was talk years ago of limited fuel tank sizes and small capacity turbo engines with variable boost pressures... ie set amount of fuel, so the manufacturers had to get big power/low fuel useage with the option to up boost pressure to pass or charge. There you go, enviromental push and more exciting racing. Me for president.

the no.1 batman

RMS Regular
Drives
bike
lol well put karbon ka but i think knowbody wants to step backwards all the problems with the show could be sorted by next year very easily just slash 75 % of the downforce and give the cars another 250hp on top of the 750 that would change it straight away but the cars would end up slower over a lap than the cars the year before and that wouldnt go down well.DTM is suffering from the same problem and its all down to downforce.although braking zones in F1 are so short these days it also plays a big part in making the show a bit boring.The FIA need a lot more young people calling the shots at board level and quick.

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
batman, the problem with that is the image that F1 must present. It'd be closer racing if all the drivers raced Karts, but it'd hardly be the premier class of motor racing then!

By slashing the downforce levels, you may as well race F3 cars. F1 engineers too are clever sods, don't forget that the cars now carry more downforce than the 2008, large wing versions. You're ri9ght on the braking front.... banning carbon disks would be a start....

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Boring indeed, Quali was more exciting, too much 'look after it' going on, DC or EJ said that Fota may agree on a Compulsory 2 stops during a race rather than everyone 1 stopping then conserving tyres

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Hard to see two stops making a difference? Everyone would still stop at the same time, and go on the same tyres... Shame to have races decided only by pit mistakes or breakdowns...

DC seems to think diffusers and downforce is the problem - the diffuser leaves the car in front with more downforce, making overtaking impossible. Cars getting to within a second of the one in front, and then nothing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...acy-has-left-us-with-soporific-spectacle.html

the no.1 batman

RMS Regular
Drives
bike
im not sure what to think but when some drivers are being over 1.5 seconds a lap faster than the guy ahead do all the work to catch him but as soon as they get in that range where theyre in the dity air its almost impossible to pass giving the amount of time lost following through the bends i dont think we should lose all the downforce, surly with a power hike and going back to levels of 97 98 with downforce would certainly have a good effect but as i say lap times would be a lot slower:confounded:.Bit of a rant but i can see a lot of motorsports heading down this road, ill always love my racing all forms but with touring cars and wrc taking on S2000 engines(although the IRC is fantastic WRC should not go down that road it should still be rallyings premier class), DTM suffering from to much downforce, F1 the same, it looks like its all going to end up a bit recessional at some stage.i know somebody said the sportscar racing will be the big player in the couple of years to come as a leading motorsport, id say so if they stay away from desil engines, plus we`ll always have the V8 supercar series:cool:.i love F1 but it needs serious changes very quickly.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.