Z4 roof relocation of motor (e85 )

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

e60driver

RMS Regular
Drives
z4 2.5i
Folks
Im interested in getting my roof motor moved to the boot and was wondering if theres any other z4 owners on here that would also like to do it . Theres a guy on the z4 forum who comes highly recommended and has done a few trips around the country for groups . He would need at least 10 people though to make the trip worth while . So far theres two of us interested .
See thread for some interesting reading .
Now doing hood motor repairs/relocation - Z4-forum.com

Reply if interested so as i can get a idea of numbers .
thanks

Last edited:

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
How did this pan out? I'm just going to do mine myself - the guides say it's fiddly but not impossible to do

Ant

RMS Regular
Doubt it happened as I was likely the other interested guy on those forums.

Keep meaning to try myself but like you say it's fiddly plus no garage our weather and being 6'1 puts me off lol

e60driver

RMS Regular
OP
e60driver
Drives
z4 2.5i
Never happened , no interest shown . Pity , looks like i will have a go myself over the winter months ahead

Ant

RMS Regular
Never happened , no interest shown . Pity , looks like i will have a go myself over the winter months ahead

Aye it's a shame, that lad seems to have the process nailed down as well and can do a stack at those "roof days" with little hassle, i'm totally brute force and ignorance and am fairly sure i'll get frustrated and feck it up if i give it a go lol

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
My new pump arrived so once the snow clears, I'l get over to my garage to give this a go. Had hoped to try it this week-end but not venturing near the Castlereagh Hills . I'm just glad the roof doesn't have to come off.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.