Z750S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Penfold

RMS Member
Drives
Z750
Folks, I have a Z750S 2005 model. It has a one piece seat for rider and pillion which is very comfortable but I really prefer the look of the individual seats of the "naked" Z750 with a rear seat cowl. Do any of you know if I could put a riders seat and a seat cowl from the naked bike onto mine ? I would imagine it's possible but I don't want to buy these parts to find out that they don't fit. The one piece seat is handy if the wife wants to tag along as it's very comfy but that isn't very often.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Folks, I have a Z750S 2005 model. It has a one piece seat for rider and pillion which is very comfortable but I really prefer the look of the individual seats of the "naked" Z750 with a rear seat cowl. Do any of you know if I could put a riders seat and a seat cowl from the naked bike onto mine ? I would imagine it's possible but I don't want to buy these parts to find out that they don't fit. The one piece seat is handy if the wife wants to tag along as it's very comfy but that isn't very often.

I'd assume youd have to change the plastics in the seating area but not 100% sure, you'd then have to get both separate seats and the cowl cover. I'd say definitely doable but how much work I'm not sure. You'd be best finding a naked one and setting the two seats over to see what needs moving to give you a better Idea

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Could be a lot of work in it by the time you move the seat locks/catches,change the plastics and possibly the tail lights.

Penfold

RMS Member
OP
Penfold
Drives
Z750
Hadn't thought about the lock etc. I was thinking it may be quite easy but not so sure now. Thanks for the replies folks.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.