Zx6r Track Bike Build

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
One for the bikers on here!

First off, take 1x ZX6R

Its only a baby with 2000 miles on it but its oh so standard..
thumbdown.gif

First things first, since we dont live in spain

And with that I took it to the last trackday in october for a good run sadly to find I was dropping a cylinder every time in the low RPM. Gutted

Anyway, back to the garage where its sat on the charge until recently when ive started getting lots of parcels through the door!

Thanks to Module for the exhaust and the rest is paint, filler and fibreglass supplies :grinning:

Also thanks to the mrs for getting these for me from Jonny @ Bikebitsni

But first things first was to replace these and hope that my low rpm misfire is gone

(Will prob be looking into booking kirki for an hour or so to test the bike before the first trackday if anyones interested btw ..!!)

Still waiting to fit the chain and sprockets as will be changing the sprocket to a +2, and also I hate this nut

Waiting to get transport so I can drop it somewhere for someone to blast it off - I dont want to round it off and it doesnt want to budge
blush.gif

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Threw the exhaust on the bike on friday and finally it sounds like a real bike again!

Leo vince stuck a tamper proof bolt on the baffle but mr dremmel soon allowed me to get this massive thing out of its arse, hopefully wont need it again !!

Dont like how close the exhaust runs to the ECU, even with the heat shield fitted so using up some heatwrap I have here, just need to get clamps for the ends

To be continued, lots more to do :grinning:

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Would prefer to put the dry wheels on in the sunshine than switch to wets, in the rain lol :grinning:

philli-pak

RMS Member
nice. Would love to get a wee track bike project going. Keep dreaming lol.
Whats the plans for her now?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
this looks like its going to be a great thread. i will really have to see what ninja bits you have for my zzr

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Cheers dudes

Got this tonight for a decent price as it was crashed and the end can is useless but that doesnt matter as I have my own. Full Leo Vince race system in good nick - just needs a clean up.

Full titanium too, nice.

Thankfully my own end can plugs right on with the same welded on hooks for the springs

Deffo gonna need fuel management now

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
I always get lost around cookstown, thank christ for sat nav on the phone!!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Fantastic mate, is that a 636 also? it is a different one that went on fire?

Ill keep an eye on this :grinning:

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Aye 636 but different bike. Last one went up in flames in what is thought to be a starter motor burn out :worried:

What can you do eh!

Hopefully getting a good load of stuff on friday so busy weekend :grinning:

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
New one is a 2006 (Old was 2003) so it has some new gubbins and trickery like a slipper clutch, secondary injectors (8 in total now), newer suspension and overall better build quality!

Also the cams are the equivilient to the racing cams used in my old bike so should be quicker out of the factory :grinning:

Oh and its only got 2000 miles on it so its still a baby

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
fecking scary, your balls could have got a royal toasting! where you sitting on it when it sparked up?

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
fecking scary, your balls could have got a royal toasting! where you sitting on it when it sparked up?

Quite!

308909_10150379976112790_507152789_9921273_1280162333n.jpg

Reason #1 not to buy white boots, they dont stay white after things like this. Someone said they video'd it but never seen it :worried: Flames went over my head but leathers did their job!

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
ooooo that's not nice to see but metal can be fixed easier burns can't so your lucky

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Had a quick play there this afternoon to avoid exam revision. Anyone willing to finish my degree for me is more than welcome.

Keyless fuel cap arrived from china. Woulda been nice if the OEM bolts would fit but seems that wasnt part of the design so will either dremmel them wider or see if I have suitable bolts lying about.

Took the OEM brake setup off, to be continued.. :grinning:

Amazing difference after a wee scrub down with wd40 and a pad

So.. lets fit it, removed the rad to make life easier and I wanted to drain the winter coolant out anywho, kettle on and let it drain...

all of it... time for some munchies..

OEM Manifold off, decent quality but has a dirty cat in it and weighs alot more than the leo vince, so byebye :grinning:

Big mecano set

Quick trial fit and alls good and im happy!

To be continued!

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Lovely looking system that. Don't talk to me about revision it's doing my head in. Final year sucks.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
What course you doing? Im final year software engineering. Have a job lined up so motivation is .. low.. (n)

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Is this all self taught Souleh? Fair play!!

Final Year myself at jtown and it's a nightmare. After doing a year on a good paid placement revision is hell!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.