Zymol cleaner wax

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

coyler

RMS Regular
Drives
3ORA
i have a black car and it says it can take out swirls. but i was reading the back of it and it says its a polish. so does this mean i would have to use a carnuba wax afterwards?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
a wax like carnuba is used as a sealant mostly mate, so you can use the polish on its own no worries.

all carnuba wax etc does is make it even wetter looking

coyler

RMS Regular
OP
coyler
Drives
3ORA
does carnuba wax not protect the paint from getting swirls and fading?

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
Big Pimp said:
a wax like carnuba is used as a sealant mostly mate, so you can use the polish on its own no worries.

all carnuba wax etc does is make it even wetter looking

it is actually a protective layer on the paint surface, polish just cleans paint and removes swirls. i wouldn't leave my car unwaxed for longer than 24 hours. your car should only need polished 3/4 times a year max. wax it once a week after washing to keep it mint.

get a decent pure wax to put over the top of it to protect the finish.

coyler

RMS Regular
OP
coyler
Drives
3ORA
is autosmart carnuba gold any good or would i just be better buying some meguiars carnuba wax

Martyn

RMS Regular
The cleaner wax removes all previous perparations....

I will lave your paintwork really clean and wax free.. you will need to add a wax of you choice to keep the finish!!!

Zymol or swissol would be the dogs knob!!!!

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I was going to add a coat of this stuff after Autoglym super resin polish. Am i wasting my time as it will just remove the Autoglym?

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
SRP has fillers in it to hide the minor swirll marks, if you apply this stuff straight after it will remove most of the fillers, so you will have done a wasted step dave

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Would i be better adding a coat of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection?

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
yes chris thats me. Where did you spot it?

Im confused about all this waxing business now. Is the extra gloss not a wax either?

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
chrz ruth, i think id better have a read of the stickys and do a bit of searching for best waxes that will compliment the AG stuff before asking any more daft questions :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.