Zymol Concours wax video - water sheeting

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

alan_d

Drives
little roadster!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5MwpLohUk"]Dear God Im waxey![/ame]

Unreal. Note the full stop.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Lisburnni let me use some of his zymol glasur wax and I have to say it was the quickest sheeting wax i think i've ever seen on my car - plus the sides of the car didn't seem to dirty much driving on wet motorways, the water was just running off it so quick!

Has anyone else noticed this with any of the other zymol waxes?

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
So what wax do you's recommened then :laughing:

That vintage stuff dear tim?

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
I have some Zymol Vintage, and Destiny and Concours, and Destiny sheets really well.... The Video that Tim put up is a guy on Detailingworld, he is using a filtered water, which also really help with sheeting water...

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
Got zymol Carbon wax and glasur wax.

I've found there is a difference in the depth and wetness of the finish, havent really looked at sheeting difference between them. (Was however amazed how the water wouldnt sit on the Mini next time I went to rinse it with the hose after applying carbon wax). Its not twice the performance for twice the price by any means.

The higher grades of zymol that amos mentioned not only have higher % volume of carnuba, but use a purer better quality white carnuba.

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
So what wax do you's recommened then :laughing:

That vintage stuff dear tim?

The zymol vintage is about £1800 or you could go for the Zymol Royale at a cool £7000. Both would be good waxes too buy if you are a professional valeter/detailer as they both come with unlimited free refills, so you could make your money back on them.

I have the Zymol Concours (£165 a tub) which is what the black civic is done in, in the first video. It looks well after one coat but its once you get the 2nd and 3rd coat on that you really notice the deep wet look on the car and the sheeting is unreal too

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
The zymol vintage is about £1800 or you could go for the Zymol Royale at a cool £7000. Both would be good waxes too buy if you are a professional valeter/detailer as they both come with unlimited free refills, so you could make your money back on them.

I thought this too but apparently they only sell these to private users and not to the trade... but whats to stop you being a dirty liar? :imp:

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
I thought this too but apparently they only sell these to private users and not to the trade... but whats to stop you being a dirty liar? :imp:

Yeah that could be true, but I think if you become a licenced Zymol valeter/detailer you are allowed to use it for trade purposes. Saying that it costs a few k to become one

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
so what happens if your car gets dirty and you try to wash it then?

If the is a layer of dirt sitting on top of the Concours (or what ever you use) then the water won't run off as easy

I only have a sample pot of it 4oz's, not much different.... The only advantage is free refills.....

The only difference you should really notice is that it will hold its deep wet look for longer than Concours or the likes, e.g. do one car with royale and one with concours, in a fews months time you should notice the difference, the royale should still have that just waxed look

minibutmighty

RMS Regular
If the is a layer of dirt sitting on top of the Concours (or what ever you use) then the water won't run off as easy

The only difference you should really notice is that it will hold its deep wet look for longer than Concours or the likes, e.g. do one car with royale and one with concours, in a fews months time you should notice the difference, the royale should still have that just waxed look

Should it not also give a wetter deeper look straight off?

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
Should it not also give a wetter deeper look straight off?

Yeah it will give a wetter deeper look straight off but the differences are not going to be massive, but you should notice it. The wax really comes into play after a few months, when other waxs have faded, it is still showing off its just waxed look

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.