One of the highlights of the 2016 calendar is the annual Kilbroney Vintage Show, which brings together classic motor vehicles including tractors and even stationary engines along with iconic rally cars and concours show cars from yesteryear, supported by enthusiasts and local motor clubs.
The event has been running for over 30 years at the beautiful Kilbroney Park in Rostrevor and with its laid back atmosphere and stunning surroundings it is a permanent fixture on many enthusiasts diaries.
This year was no exception with several hundred cars and other motor driven machinery on display, in the unprecedented County Down sunshine. To give an example of how diverse the machinery is at the Kilbroney Vintage Show, one minute you could be drawn to a 911 or an Audi RS, next its an E-Type Jag, Renault Fuego, Montego MG, a Mk2 Fiesta, or the likes of RMS member Neil from Rockvale’s show stopping split screen VW Camper.
- Car of the show Jim Hutchinson.
- Tractor Jackie Robinson.
- Motorcycle Robert Dixon.
- Stationary engine Robert Graham.
- Small commercial vehicle Mervyn Phillips.
- Large commercial vehicle Gareth Gilchrist.
- Trike Glenda McAvinney
- Best club stand – Ford Fiesta.
- Most unusual item – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- Oldest Vehicle – Raymond McMullan
- Furthest travelled – John Hall – England
Photos by Andrew Baird