Chris Evans confirmed as Top Gear presenter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
I don't think they will bring back a top gear like we have had for last decade.

I think it will return to a more car focused show, likely tighter packed but still entertainment.

I honest think that if Jenson doesn't sign he's either going to sky f1 or new top gear. He would be an excellent presenter and I could see Chris Evans producing it instead behind scenes.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
The Stig is still owned by the bbc , so will likely make an appearance.

Or they will flog him to amazon , one of the two

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Matt LeBlanc was one of the guest on Clarkson's TopGear (he was on SIARPC) that completely surprised me. I thought he'd be like any other guest (on to promote a new book/movie/show and have a tenuous at best car history) but he's a real petrol head. He knew what he was talking about.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He always comes across as a decent guy to me. No idea what he would be like presenting cars though, lol :grinning: Suspect this might be more of a nod to the American audience.

Still reserving judgement until we see the actual show, a bit unfair to slate it before they have even started, lol.

I have faith in Chris Evans - it will be very different from the "old" show, but it will be good in its own way.

tim

RMS Regular
Matt LeBlanc was one of the guest on Clarkson's TopGear (he was on SIARPC) that completely surprised me. I thought he'd be like any other guest (on to promote a new book/movie/show and have a tenuous at best car history) but he's a real petrol head. He knew what he was talking about.
You mean this guy? :p

friends-porsche.png

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Bloody hell. Who do people expect to host it?

If the ghost of Steve McQueen was appearing on new TopGear you'll still get folks saying they'll not watch it.

Give it a chance, watch the first few shows at least. Don't be so ****ing close-minded.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.