Chris Evans confirmed as Top Gear presenter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Very sad indeed and quite eerie reading the fellas post saying he wanted more power upgrades after the rally

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
GHEY! Can't understand the £79 a year cost. I was a lovefilm customer and happily forked out £6 or £7 a month, but one lump sum? GTFO amazon.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
The wife got a trial of it last month. We order a bit from them so the one day postage (more like 2 days to here in reality) is handy but £79 worth? Not really. Also a lot of the stuff on the streaming service is very old. Probably to keep you buying DVD and Bluray sets from them. Netflix is a much, much better service. I guess if I want to watch this, I'll be acquiring it elsewhere.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
I drove the Grossglockner last year, spectacular road (snowing half way up in the middle of summer). Arm was numb and my ears ringing by the time I got to the bottom due to wife's grip and screaming. All the same when the mist comes in and you can only see two feet in front of you it is a little nerve racking.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I'm still paying £10 a month for Lovefilm and £4.99 of that is for Instant Video.

There's very little that's good on it though (apart from Black Sails and Vikings) and I can't imagine too many people signing up for it just for their new show.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Hopefully they release all the episodes at once
I could be wrong, but we found some boxsets were restricted to selected episodes during our trial. Why have a trial and restrict content, I don't know.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
What bugs me is the fact you can't stream via 3G. What the **** is the point of an iPhone app if you have to be on wifi

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Slightly lower viewing figures at Amazon, for sure :grinning:

I think it was their only choice, given their contractual obligations. Wonder if they will just keep making the same thing, or take the chance to renew the show?

Cannot imagine they give two hoots, lol, they get paid for messing about and can continue to cash in on writing and live shows and all the rest :innocent:

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Ummm. One big bite (relatively) Why don't people wanting a Golf R for 2 years just fork out 8 grand in one sitting?
Maybe people with 8k sitting in the bank do. But there's quite a difference in the 2 amounts there.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I have Amazon Prime so good news for me. Order quite a bit from Amazon and the postage adds up quick so it's a no brainer really. Never had an issue with the content. Watched season 3 of Vikings on there before it was even on the History chanel who make it and Bosch (one of their own shows) was top notch. £79 isn't a huge amount, about a tank of fuel in the car really and paying in one go didn't really bother me at all.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Apparently coming back in May 2016 according to Evans who said yesterday that in 7 months, 3 days and 18 hours Top Gear would be back. That puts it on Monday or Tuesday!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looking forward to it. If he gets the right mix of people on the set and features for the show, then it should work. Massive challenge for Chris, best of luck to him (y)

Ironically, BBC are still running the "old" top gear every week on BBC3, lol, and also a highlights show of the last series was on recently on BBC2. No double standards at all :p

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
image.jpeg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Have they actually managed to sign any co-hosts. Or is it just going to be the stig and ginger, one who dosent talk and one that you wish didn't

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.