Audi S4 B8 DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I had mine for 2 years and only had 1 faulty rear parking sensor (y)

When the STronic fails it fails horribly from what I have read over on ASN. Thankfully mine must have been one of the lucky ones !

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I know, not this 1 but! I meant I couldn't have got 1 without it.
With having satnav in the 535d and the xfs they weren't used always used my mobile so doesn't bother me in the slightest not having it in this

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
I can confirm this is a hoot to drive and sounds lovely on full chat, even in standard form, could play with those manual flappy paddles all day.

Looking forward to the mods moving forward (y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
What's the difference between that x-pipe mod and just cutting cats out and welding pipes in?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
X pipe doesn't replace cats its a mid section modification. It may replace things like resonator boxes but it doesn't replace cats as far as I know.

Your mid section probably has two pipes feeding to the backboxes either side, cutting out resonator boxes and replacing with straight pipes would offer a true dual setup which will make the car louder and give you probably some low end increases.

Replacing with an X Section allows the gases/vibrations etc from both banks to mix and in turn gives the noise a louder and more distinctive tone, same as what I have on the Jag. This maybe doesnt effect or reduces low end torque but in turn gives you a better top end. For better results you would need a map id imagine.

YouTube summit racing X pipe, they do tutorials on how each setup will effect the car etc,

If it was me id straight pipe the S4's mid section and remove all resonator boxes and have the pipe work basically true dual to the backboxes.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Slight update,

So the cats are fine.. it was the small silencers that were rattling inside, in the process getting cut out and pipe welded in :grinning:

Should be a slightl mprovement in sound which is what I want and still MOT friendly (y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Sounds so much better!
IMG_9564.JPG

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Doubt il get them figures with standard exhaust and intake.

Mid 400 id say would be realistic but who knows.

Can't wait!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
MRC does this for 500ps

Stage 2 Hardware and Remap Upgrade: MRC Filter, MRC Pulley, MRC Hi Grip Belt, Silicon Intake Pipe, Modified airbox, fitting, Dyno Time and MRC Stage 2 Remap
£1591

cupraricky

RMS Regular
MRC does this for 500ps

Stage 2 Hardware and Remap Upgrade: MRC Filter, MRC Pulley, MRC Hi Grip Belt, Silicon Intake Pipe, Modified airbox, fitting, Dyno Time and MRC Stage 2 Remap
£1591

Seems a bit steeply priced, high flow filter £70, pulley and belt £140ish, silicone intake pipe £80, remap £260, pulley fitting £50ish, run on a dyno.... Probably free in remap. Modified airbox.... Free, easy DIY.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I take it back lol I just quickly googled it to be honest looking at it it looks more like a B7 air box.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
I think the b8 mod is simply a hole cut in airbox at a point furthest from the engine, increases airflow but main difference is induction noise obviously.

If your gonna do it, it probably wouldn't hurt fabricating a heat sheild for the airbox as there isn't much space between it and the engine. Alternatively you can buy heat reflecting self adhesive tape....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.