Audi S4 B8 DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I think the b8 mod is simply a hole cut in airbox at a point furthest from the engine, increases airflow but main difference is induction noise obviously.

If your gonna do it, it probably wouldn't hurt fabricating a heat sheild for the airbox as there isn't much space between it and the engine. Alternatively you can buy heat reflecting self adhesive tape....

Il look into it (y)

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Seems a bit steeply priced, high flow filter £70, pulley and belt £140ish, silicone intake pipe £80, remap £260, pulley fitting £50ish, run on a dyno.... Probably free in remap. Modified airbox.... Free, easy DIY.

Intake pipe really needed?

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Intake pipe really needed?

Depends, without the airbox mod ull probably not notice much noise difference, the silicone hose has much less restriction in relation to airflow, wouldnt hurt especially for stage 2. Relatively cheap in comparison to some mods.

If you have a high flow filter eg k&n or the likes a better airflow in the intake pipe would be beneficial otherwise ur filter can't maximise intake due to restrictions in the hosing.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Auto-tune ballymena.

They've always done my tuning.

Had feedback from few other s4 owners who have had this done by them few years ago and are totally happy. (y)

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Yea they r good. Done all my cars so far. What it work out then 280 for map 120 for dsg and 100 to sort the pulley?

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Cheers Buddy. Will be off for a long weekend too next week, will have some fun no doubt lol

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Glad you have got sorted chum.please don't be expecting a massive difference to how the car feels as it's not like a turbo car were you get a shove in the back.It just goes quicker from 1500 rpm.3rd gear to top of 4th at 7200rpm is very progressive .I love the colour of your car ,I hate mine In black ,it looks sh1te .

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Pre-wash private reg now on (y)
IMG_9703.JPG

zafturbo

RMS Regular
One of the first 4wd cars to be run properly on there rollers also.i have been waiting patently for over a year now lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.