Track Skills 7th July

c_rad

RMS Regular
Don't know if you made it out this time but just do it.

Don't worry about mods and things, just go out, stay within the limits of the car, come back in early if the brakes/tyres start to go off. Keep an eye on pads/tyres/oil levels/etc.

Then you'll know what areas to look at for next time. Because you will come back for more 😇 :cool: Think endurance rather than flat out racing, you can potentially do a LOT of miles on a track day.

Nobody will mind "slow" drivers. There's a huge range of people and cars of all abilities. It's not a race, everyone works together. Just move out of the way of something faster, job done. In fact everyone spends more time looking in the mirrors than forwards, closing speeds can be high.

It's not a race, it's about having fun and staying safe.

Unfortunately didn't make this one. Bought another daily and plan to sell the GT86.

Could be tempted in time to pick up something cheap for a bit of track day fun though!

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
anyone know the owner?

may have had a brief glimpse of this car in traffic at one time but not seen it much

car looks fairly OEM with the original 15" rims from the pics.

Had a wee look around the car myself, looked to be in stock forum and was running Ad08r tyres.

Had the fun following it around for several laps in the s2000... felt like I was in an episode of Best of Motoring... RWD battle :laughing:

Anyone know why he left after 1 session?

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
As it should be, Mr Honda got it right 😎

Brave man taking that out on a track day!

Very true ... OEM is the way to go.
That car is around 91 to 93 with those wheels and are supposed to deliver the better driving experience.

Like with any car if it’s been well maintained there is no reason why it can’t be taken on track from time to time. Fair play to the owner for experiencing it as it should

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually just remembered I've been on track with your yellow one a couple of times 😎

I'm getting old, my memory is failing badly 😅😅😅

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Actually just remembered I've been on track with your yellow one a couple of times 😎

I'm getting old, my memory is failing badly 😅😅😅

You have indeed ... 2 banana mobiles
I was hoping to go to that TS session but had forgotten about the Jap show falling on same date.

Hope to get a session soon ...

Neil_M

RMS Regular
You have indeed ... 2 banana mobiles
I was hoping to go to that TS session but had forgotten about the Jap show falling on same date.

Hope to get a session soon ...

Do let us know if you do! Would be great to see it blasting round :grinning:.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Very true ... OEM is the way to go.
That car is around 91 to 93 with those wheels and are supposed to deliver the better driving experience.

Like with any car if it’s been well maintained there is no reason why it can’t be taken on track from time to time. Fair play to the owner for experiencing it as it should

I’ve seen you drive yours properly too don’t be so modest 😎