RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
As said @Daviddunlop83 that is just class, would love something similar at some point.

When you hoping to finish it for?

It’ll be next year when the weather gets better before the outside is completely finished to allow the rendering etc.

I’d like to get the rest of the block work up and the roof on next so it’s semi watertight.

We aren’t in any real panic to get it finished.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Anyone ever ‘filmed’ windows to stop people noseying in? Want to let as much light as possible in while covering a few tools/lawnmower from sight

jferg

RMS Regular
Gets tight when the wood is restocked lol

20191129_180028.jpg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Anyone ever ‘filmed’ windows to stop people noseying in? Want to let as much light as possible in while covering a few tools/lawnmower from sight
I've a mirror tint on my shed so no one can see all the dried up paint cans, selection of car cleaning products and all the sh1te shes buried in there to ruin my happiness

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Done a wee bit of rejigging of the cabinets last night. Moved the large locker from the corner by the roller door to the rear of the garage, always annoyed me being there.
Not sure this works so will see how I like it over the next month or 2.
Failing that I’m gonna purchase a slightly narrower locker so it all fits along the back wall, current one is just 25mm away from squeezing in:joy:

Should say the corner by the roller door will be cleared once hose etc gets put away and cabinet gets fitted to back wall

DDAE0129-5507-4F7D-8AA6-9A9AD6127232.jpeg

0C1112B6-AA08-4589-8AA3-11C841DA6332.jpeg

B5B5689A-90C7-4472-A4E5-0C4EEBBBC47A.jpeg

DC431D04-EE2F-4C18-87F7-D1293DD0D166.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Anyone advise on sinking a 2post lift base into a concrete floor?

- Cut a complete pad out of the floor two feet beyond the lift base in all directions,
- Excavate the current floor and down Approx 8”?
- Set a timber template into the floor slightly larger than the lift base
- Pour Concrete into void and Float (strength/grade?)
- Extract Timberwork
- Bolt lift Base into the floor as normal

sollevatore1511C-i_819_1.jpg

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Sounds about right but either using fibre re-enforced concrete or some light rebar or mesh is a good plan. Floors usually have to be 6" deep min so 8" is more than enough.
Edit, I wouldn't bother with a wooden form if its level with the floor, just fill in the

I plan on getting a clear floor lift so I don't have to bump over the cable guide ramp.

Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Sounds about right but either using fibre re-enforced concrete or some light rebar or mesh is a good plan. Floors usually have to be 6" deep min so 8" is more than enough.
Edit, I wouldn't bother with a wooden form if its level with the floor, just fill in the

I plan on getting a clear floor lift so I don't have to bump over the cable guide ramp.

I have fibre reinforced screed in my current garage, didn’t know they did the same mix on concrete?

The lift I already have is as pictured, need to do some kind of frame / shuttering to hold back the concrete for the lift base and mechanism to sit down into.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Anyone advise on sinking a 2post lift base into a concrete floor?

- Cut a complete pad out of the floor two feet beyond the lift base in all directions,
- Excavate the current floor and down Approx 8”?
- Set a timber template into the floor slightly larger than the lift base
- Pour Concrete into void and Float (strength/grade?)
- Extract Timberwork
- Bolt lift Base into the floor as normal

sollevatore1511C-i_819_1.jpg
Thought about this for low cars but to be honest its was going to be more work than it's worth.

By the time you leave the room for the armed to swing out it's going to be a nightmare for tripping whilst working under the car. I ended up making ramps that were fixed in place with 12mm bolts in 14mm holes in the concrete then removable centre sections to swing the arms of the lift in
20170930_155955.jpg

Last edited:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Thought about this for low cars but to be honest its was going to be more work than it's worth.

By the time you leave the room for the armed to swing out it's going to be a nightmare for tripping whilst working under the car. I ended up making ramps that were fixed in place with 12mm bolts in 14mm holes in the concrete then removable centre sections to swing the arms of the lift in

I’ll have to look at all the options.

One of my cars is very low, 40mm off the deck with a full flat floor so even with Ramps it would still belly out on Base.