RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I’ll have to look at all the options.

One of my cars is very low, 40mm off the deck with a full flat floor so even with Ramps it would still belly out on Base.
I dont have any pics of it but I've timber to join up the wheel blocks and an end stop on the fronts to stop you rolling off now. I also had to add to the initial ramp up as it was too steep and hard on clutches plus even harder on the front bumpers of low cars.

The main benefit of it was I could lift the cars using the pad extensions to get the cars higher (I'm 6ft4) and the fact everything can be easily removed to wheel oil collectors/ transmission Jack's around. I honestly can't stress how much of a pain in the rear having an uneven floor would be. Have you also looked at the ramps with the over head links leaving the floor clear. Wish we'd gone for one as removing gearboxes would be far easier
Screenshot_20191213-195325_Chrome.jpg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
@lennyd I already have a ramp I'm planning to re-use it!

There would be no uneven area, no step or recess dude. The void in the floor would be the exact size and depth of the lift structure that is normally surface mounted.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Be 6" on that one. I used to buy bits off MSC but they kept sending me a huge catalogue with every order and charging me postage with it. 8o|