Porsche 997.2 PDK guards red

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Not been out much! Away currently for long wk end (without the 911!) Good news is my daughters love it.. I was worried they would fell too cramped and would never want to get in it! But it's the reverse.....

Have had it out a couple of times.... Steering/chassis feel just blows me away..... And it's genuinely one of those cars you can't help but look back at!!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Unreal mark, glad you and the girls are enjoying it. Flat Six rear engined gear is something special.

As we discussed, it’s not about the revs it’s about that up a gear torque carrying 20more mph. Lovely, hopefully I can get the wee woman into the back of one soon! :cool: Enjoy (y)

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Minor update in the porker..... finally got the new centre caps on the wheels.... MUCH. Better looking!!

Anyone know of local exhaust places that have done the gundo hack before? It’s not rocket science, but if someone has done it before would make sense.

Also, anyone around that would take calipers on/off and paint or powder coat (which do people do?) the callipers red? I’d likely have brake fluid everywhere if I did it, and would want someone to properly bleed when back on anyway....

C5AC9155-F5AB-49A6-B8DD-0F763EEFA533.jpeg

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Class man! Ive spent the last two hours, horizontal on the sofa looking for a new car - the 997 is the car I keep benchmarking everything off! Came on here and now you've got one lol. Fair play, it's lovely!

I might get one too..... lol

Reactions: IL

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Minor update in the porker..... finally got the new centre caps on the wheels.... MUCH. Better looking!!

Anyone know of local exhaust places that have done the gundo hack before? It’s not rocket science, but if someone has done it before would make sense.

Also, anyone around that would take calipers on/off and paint or powder coat (which do people do?) the callipers red? I’d likely have brake fluid everywhere if I did it, and would want someone to properly bleed when back on anyway....

View attachment 251428

The Gundo Hack is more effective on the Gen1 cars. A good start is to remove your center muffler - sharkwerks make a bypass but it’s really just pipe work, so someone decent could make it.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Ah right... cheers Keith, will have a look under her.... i’m Guessing any exhaust/fab place could do it.... but would be good to use one familiar with these.... also want it done tasty.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Ah right... cheers Keith, will have a look under her.... i’m Guessing any exhaust/fab place could do it.... but would be good to use one familiar with these.... also want it done tasty.

Easy to spot, its right behind the back bumper, you can see it from underneath.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
That time of year.... I decided to just take the little lady off the road over winter, I use it little enough in the nice weather, so best park her up..

Wash + dry...

CDDF645B-C9DE-4711-BDD5-BD47891CA83A.jpeg

Carefully put into the shed

D95F5825-38DB-4EB9-BB11-C713C1AC93FA.jpeg

And then wrapped up in her Porsche duvet 👌

C97ABD5D-9B58-404D-BCAB-FD72DEA5F56A.jpeg

Trickle charger connected to keep her sweet.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
It’s great..... super lazy if you want ‘easy’ and engaging when in manual.... soooo glad I went for the steering wheel with paddles tho, for me that just makes it.

Only things i’d do are red calipers and more noise... but the car is just sublime.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
If we stay put......I have plans to make the shed more useable, and yes..... That likely would include clearing/tidying it!!

Garage is busy with the caterham & track slag! One of these days I will properly clear them.... Might even squeeze another car in then!

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
Good job, any benefits of the trickle charger over disconnecting the battery, I’ve disconnected mine.....will be in the garage now until March

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Lovely car :grinning: I think these like trickle charged thought the cigarette lighter if you have one, could be wrong though!

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
proper maintenance trickle charger better than disconnecting battery I think.. keeps batter optimal and cycles it as needed... rather than just slowly discharging..

Reactions: IL

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
So, today I took the cover off the lady in red, and fitted her new plate that I bought late last year... totally transforms the look!

55 is my race number, and had been keeping an eye out for a long time.

will maybe go for some shopping tomorrow

04C0E087-9E9C-43A0-B4C9-71121C9DA255.jpeg

niallod

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro'd MCS/Bagg
Love it..... something about a Gaurds Red 911 that makes them even more special! We do a lot of trade with Ashgood, real nice bunch of guys and only take the nicest of examples into stock!

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Cheers. Tom was very straightforward to dea with.

it had to be a guards red one for me... poster car as a kid. I hadn’t even driven one, let alone sat in one! I certainly wasn’t disappointed .
Do need to get more noise out of it this year.. but it’s one of those cars you can’t help but look back at!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
So, today I took the cover off the lady in red, and fitted her new plate that I bought late last year... totally transforms the look!

55 is my race number, and had been keeping an eye out for a long time.

will maybe go for some shopping tomorrow

View attachment 276762

Lovely! Plate looks super. I took mine to Tesco earlier, great to get them out. Guards Red is such a great colour, looks even better in the metal than in pics too, cameras can never really capture the true colour of it.

I dealt with Tom also, real nice fella. I’ll defo be going back when the time comes to change.