The 'all Things Porsche' Thread...

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Where from out of curiosity?

From 9 apart, coming direct from Porsche Germany, from what I gather I got the last set of satin platinum available and because they are the older style (2013-2016) Porsche would not be stocking any more! Sort of when they are gone they are gone so my hand was forced as I’m not as keen on the 718 version on the carrera s wheel.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
Did a bit of a road trip this week, had to take a scoot to the Skyfall location when I was up that length, the roads around that part of the country are awesome.

B0C8D603-1B4E-498F-9F8E-44948722DF3C.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It’s awesome, been for sale for absolutely ages though which I can’t quite understand.

It’s near 991 GT3 PDK price now though, not sure I could spunk £80k on a 997 when a 991 can be had for £85k -ish.

I know what you mean, 991 does look a bit fresher, but for me the 991.2 is the nicer one. Front bumper of the 991.1 looks a wee bit odd, just IMO of course lol. Also am I right in saying you couldn't get a manual until the 991.2?

Either way I love that, a wee bit cheaper like you say and it would be a class buy. Not usually a fan of red but that is unreal!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
I know what you mean, 991 does look a bit fresher, but for me the 991.2 is the nicer one. Front bumper of the 991.1 looks a wee bit odd, just IMO of course lol. Also am I right in saying you couldn't get a manual until the 991.2?

Either way I love that, a wee bit cheaper like you say and it would be a class buy. Not usually a fan of red but that is unreal!

991.2 was the first manual, but I wouldn’t care, it’s about that engine! 😍

I have always been a huge manual box fan over the years, but I could be tempted by a PDK. Need to try one and see if I like it.

I use my car way more than I thought I would and I find the clutch tiresome unless bombing down my favourite back roads.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Flip those Turbo S's sounds terrible.

GT3 looks and sounds far nicer.

Also not really fair comparing a Turbo S to a GT3, standard Turbo would have been better, or a GT3RS in the dry.

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
So if you had £105k to spend on a 911 locally, which of the following would you go for? First is a 992 4S next 2 are 991.2 Turbo S cab and coupe. No pic yet for the last one - it's a 2014 GT3 3.8 in Sapphire blue.

20200918_165020.jpg

Martyn

RMS Regular
992 4s - usable everyday. Stick winter tyres on it and live the snow.

450bhp - Practical everyday car.

I have driven 991.2 turbo s - brutal power which I don’t think I would or could use.