What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Potentially sold it 😥

My wife has been joking about me selling the golf as its sort of surplus to requirements at the moment. So she got my 4yr old to make a for sale sign
IMG-20220403-WA0005.jpg

Which I stuck on the dash at Dubshed yesterday 🤣
20220402_114054.jpg

Had a man from Dublin (who already has a silver anni) interested in buying it 🙈

I'm torn, as its been a 10 year love hate affair, but it's currently running 100% and sitting how I want it. But the rust is always looming, if I keep it any longer its going to need a proper restoration, but with the 196k on it it's hard to justify pumping the money into it as I'll never get a return.

Big question is what to replace it with? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Agreed. It was a bit of an impulse buy. But now we have experienced convertible ownership, it'll be a really tough car to replace, as it's the best car we've ever owned.

Bought an old B6 rag top a few years ago for not a lot of money. The kids are always asking about it. Lovely thing to drive, smooth V6, well built, nice seats, quiet as a mouse with the roof up, spacious and classic insurance so costs pennies to run. Hard to beat. Well up until the point I decided I liked it so much that I got it painted and now it’s no longer a cheap runner lol 😂

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Potentially sold it 😥

My wife has been joking about me selling the golf as its sort of surplus to requirements at the moment. So she got my 4yr old to make a for sale sign
View attachment 355664
Which I stuck on the dash at Dubshed yesterday 🤣
View attachment 355665
Had a man from Dublin (who already has a silver anni) interested in buying it 🙈

I'm torn, as its been a 10 year love hate affair, but it's currently running 100% and sitting how I want it. But the rust is always looming, if I keep it any longer its going to need a proper restoration, but with the 196k on it it's hard to justify pumping the money into it as I'll never get a return.

Big question is what to replace it with? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Edition 30

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It's about time I looked at this again 😬

Rear subframe out, exhaust off and boot removed to scrap. Found nice holes at base of both A pillars also, going to be fun 🤮. Inner arches don't look too bad, outer arches are well crusty! Chassis rails look OK at the minute, but haven't poked too hard yet

20220407_180657.jpg

MarkM

RMS Regular

Rear subframe out, exhaust off and boot removed to scrap. Found nice holes at base of both A pillars also, going to be fun 🤮. Inner arches don't look too bad, outer arches are well crusty! Chassis rails look OK at the minute, but haven't poked too hard yet

View attachment 356422

I completely forgot you had this :joy:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

View attachment 356422
65809401-F063-45C7-A3E2-9A1FF990456B.jpeg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

View attachment 356422

6 Weeks Time

Project up for sale as I just don’t have the time between work trips, buying random old hot hatches and eating kebabs

Doesn’t need much, but scabby, don’t poke the sills or chassis rails

Was running well when I bought it…

No low balls I know what I have

Appreciating classic, hard to get a good one

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Another Calibra. Bought it for spares to sort a few things on mine and it's quite tidy, so I think I will give it a good clean up and sell it on...