Dakar Yellow E46 M3

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
what was the funniest bit of all though is how he sees things differently.

I drove the car over and commented on how nicely it was driving. He told me it was driving like a bag of crap 🤣 and if I thought it was smooth when I left it up it will feel like a new car.
That's what I love about Colm, he'll tell you exactly what he thinks lol. I'm sure you can't wait to feel the difference now

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
He is gent to deal with and really knows his stuff when it comes to BM`s.

Glad the car is sorted I am sure you cant wait to take it for a good spin.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
You know that scene in Pulp Fiction where Uma Thurman is in the bathroom hoovering a bit of Colombia’s finest and utters the words ‘God Damn’ a couple of times.

Well I said God Damn!

Collection day….

The first guy to take me to collect the M3 when I won it was @big_pete so it was only fitting he and I high tailed it to Colm’s place this evening to collect my ‘new M3’

Holy sweet lord. It’s hard to describe the difference but I’ll try.

Firstly the car is smooth. Really smooth. It is really free revving and the vanos is using the full sweep to deliver the power in a very linear manner. It pulls really really well. Not sure if it’s the diff, the engine itself or a combination of the sum of all parts. But it works. And it works damn well.

It sounds amazing with no rattles from the head gasket flapping.

I only assumed it was driving well until I experienced it really driving well.

We took the road through Dromore and over the Dromore Hills and Pete and I then swapped cars. I let him take it the last 20 mins to work with specific instructions to give it the full beans and see what he thought.

I believe he’s as suitably impressed as I am.

I’m in love all over again. What a f*cking marvellous car.

Colm Hyland. What an absolute gentleman and a genius with these cars. Couldn’t recommend him enough

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I know I harp on about Colm a lot, but you can really see why.

Glad you’re happy with it. Great to get that new car feeling all over again!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Oh, a wee pic of the offending gasket for anyone interested.

Now tell me how lucky I am!

FA661D71-03BD-49FD-8C8B-E3383618DD25.jpeg
B7567E8A-11AE-4A20-A901-B6444F8AD615.jpeg
D2417CE9-21F2-44E1-8229-42B3B51640AF.jpeg

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
He must have had your car well tucked away when working on it, I walk the dog passed his twice a day and never noticed your car there.
mother and father in law wouldn’t take their BMW’s anywhere else other than him and the main reason they buy bm’s in the first place.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Yep, it’s been resurfaced and is as smooth as glass for most of it. You definitely need your wits about you

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
He must have had your car well tucked away when working on it, I walk the dog passed his twice a day and never noticed your car there.
mother and father in law wouldn’t take their BMW’s anywhere else other than him and the main reason they buy bm’s in the first place.
Do you live out near him Gavin? I work just down the road

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Colm has a good wee team in there both the other Colm and Stevie are great lads who are very knowledgeable when it comes to all things BMW.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
same thing happened my M3 years ago, pretty common issue unfortunately! If i remember right i could hear the engine pinking when cold before the gasket was done!