Dakar Yellow E46 M3

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp yea lol we were in the evo and literally came onto The roundabout as you were exiting lol
I could of swore it was phoenix yellow 😂
How very dare you.... my car is banana yellow, not cats pee yellow 🤣

my mate was in the big X5 behind me and I was questioning could I do a 2nd gear clutch kick and hang the tail a bit as roads were pretty empty but I seen the xenon looking lights coming down and chickened out, 😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Update time!

so after collecting it from Ricks Garage I dropped my M3 to Simon at Pentagon to allow him to remove all the cheap crappy tint off the windows, and re tint them with his quality film.

I’ve been using Simon for every car I’ve ever had and as well as an absolute gent he’s brilliant at what he does. And he didn’t disappoint. It’s really cleaned up the looks and I’m delighted with the result.

I then took it into work and set about doing a few cosmetic changes - namely put on new side repeaters (interestingly from the E38 as they’re the same size and shape but are ever so slightly smoked) as well as new headlight lenses. Only something minor but makes a massive difference.

the next thing was kind of unplanned but I’m so glad it worked out.

I’ve been looking at changing the front seats to something more supportive and Recaro CS’s have been toof the list but pricing is wild for them. I had looked at a few other styles and was warned off corbeau etc which look great but are quite hard.
One of the members on Cutters had a lovely set of Cobra Misano recliners for sale and they were recently retrimmed in bmw nappa and diamond stitched. And I’m a bit of a tart at heart and i couldn’t not buy them! Plus, it’ll be more comfortable for Lord @Rocko when he finally takes it for a rip!

only pain in the ass is I’ve to wait on the proper Cobra bases which could be as much as 8 weeks away even though they were marked as being in stock. Ah well, first world problems.

so that’s it for now. Next up CSL lid!

thanks!

AF8C6CEC-496A-47FD-A8AD-A24F3D5D8C54.png
99077978-F928-4968-BB84-8053B112C11F.jpeg
869AB838-A251-4353-866A-FD3AECC58FDA.jpeg
A4135B84-D10E-43CF-868E-6F184A415D1B.jpeg
171B7977-49F2-4F6F-A2B3-958FBAC7AAF2.jpeg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
just reading over this @Big Pimp and its looking well with the work in it. ever get the seats fitted??

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
just reading over this @Big Pimp and its looking well with the work in it. ever get the seats fitted??
Not as yet because the bases are apparently made from scratch by cobra. I’m 8 weeks into a 12 week wait so hope they’re ready before the Eoin Henry show at aghadowey oval end of July.

on a more positive note it’s away for the CSL bootlid to be sprayed and fitted along with the front bumper smoothed. Hope to have it back for next week.

there’s a rattle which I think is the original cats on their way out. I have a set of decats for it but I’m so worried about losing the S54 whine and it sounds so good already with the eventuri at the front and scorpion at the rear

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Just realising I haven’t updated this thread in quite a while and there has been a few updates since then!

As detailed above, I got a hold of a CSL bootlid. Aesthetically beautiful and suits the shape of the E46 so perfectly - it really is iconic and I think it’s transformed the look of the car.

I also at the same time had the front bumper smoothed and repainted as the hallions who had it before me thought the best way to attach a plate was to drill it into the bumper. And when you don’t get it right first time throw another hole into it for good measure.

used a local guy - Chris Eccles from @Eccles Automotive and I couldn’t be happier with the job he carried out.
when the back bumper was off I took the time to give the Scorpion exhaust a bit of a clean and a polish too.

And finally, after 15 weeks the seat bases from Cobra finally arrived. They fit the subframe perfectly but as should have been expected nothing was going to be straightforward.
the slide rails needed to be adjusted to make them line up but we got there in the end.
So I got them fitted and they look beautiful and are so comfortable. But the seatbelts don’t clip in, so I need to change them now too!

but you know what. It’s worth the wait. I love them!
FA6AF16A-F054-43B1-BA56-9A7E55A0C5B4.jpeg
B40D276F-8A10-4863-9BDD-9AB40A8B574A.jpeg
BB8C86B8-AEDE-4BBE-8F75-472DCE988890.jpeg
84989A47-B3F9-4FE3-8B0C-1349A895F663.jpeg
15784F49-A49D-4A4E-B717-20307EBD97C3.jpeg
B5518991-C553-436F-A7FC-841A738A3135.png
7DAFC223-FB2C-4607-8DCE-F61C9A909F1F.jpeg
991ED52D-8F9F-43EE-844D-15BDF4855075.jpeg
02B385A4-4E46-4040-B0D7-FDD31C7AE614.jpeg
170D927F-E19B-44B2-9882-C8CC512D0602.jpeg

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
As far as E46 M3`s go this by far is one of the nicest about. All your subtle mods have made a big impact the seats do really suit the car i don't think you could of got a nicer pair.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Those seats are class.
Thank you man. Lucked out getting them from a fellow enthusiast on Cutters. Had originally wanted Recaro CS seats but think these are every bit as nice and definitely have the same support
Ross…. This is a beauty, love the mods you’ve done so far, perfection buddy!
Thank you dude. It’s all about small but subtle changes to make it my own
As far as E46 M3`s go this by far is one of the nicest about. All your subtle mods have made a big impact the seats do really suit the car i don't think you could of got a nicer pair.
Thank you mate. All the subtle mods have been done before I’m sure with various cars but when all combined together and with the Dakar yellow I think it all just works.
I’m delighted with the seats too. Have really freshened up the interior no end.
First time seeing it at Bishopscourt last Sunday, properly stunning car!
Thank you mate. You’ll not miss it!
Drift machine :innocent: 😅
There are a few black marks locally I’ve seen 🤐

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Not much of a post other than I gave the old girl her first wash since the trackskills day at kirkistown back at the end of November!

It’s been stored inside since but I haven’t had a minute to look at it since!

I had some free time this afternoon so took it outside for a full decontamination wash

For anyone interested it consisted of:

Cleanse on the wheels
Articulate on the body
UltraFoam all over

Allow to dwell, then rinse off

Spray purge all over including the wheels

Allow to dwell, then rinse off

Apply Tarminator panel by panel. I took care to avoid plastics like lights but had a bit run onto the new headlight lenses they could be buffed out but I’ll likely just replace them - it just shows how you can’t be too careful when using something like Tarminator

Foam entire car, rinse off

Wash with gleam and a mitt

Rinse off

Take inside, dry using a blow drier

Apply hybrid all over body including wheels (and the seat backs!)

Apply Hydraclean on all exterior glass

Clean inside glass with Clearview

Pop back in and plug back into the trickle charger!

I’ll hoover it at another stage and maybe autosol the exhaust but apart from that it’s sitting pretty again waiting for a good outing!

80C2D47F-2DCC-447D-AFF1-ECADF35A3755.jpeg
E9A0DB7E-7F06-4C2B-95D4-761DA62C4FDA.jpeg