Another what car thread.......

driven

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondy ST220 BMW
With the impending categorisation of the Mini impending I'm now on the hunt for yet another car for the wife trying to keep it around 15k but can stretch to 20k for the right car.

So far we are looking at
MK6 Golf R
MK7 Golf R
BMW M135i

Im under very strict guidelines must be under 30k miles
Need some help guys more swaying towards an M135i at the moment

e320mark

RMS Regular
I think you may struggle to get a 135 for 20k, used prices are high as with everything else! You could check out insurance on several cars first as that could end up being the deciding factor given prices at the mo!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I think you may struggle to get a 135 for 20k, used prices are high as with everything else! You could check out insurance on several cars first as that could end up being the deciding factor given prices at the mo!
Plenty about if he’s talking about the older one and missionary wheel drive x drive one.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I’d look for a nice GTI performance pack. Nicer looking car than the R.

Reactions: DC.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Following the Mk 7.5 Golf chat above, am I right in thinking there is no GTI estate?
Can you only get estate in GolfR or else drop to a regular Golf of some kind?

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Following the Mk 7.5 Golf chat above, am I right in thinking there is no GTI estate?
Can you only get estate in GolfR or else drop to a regular Golf of some kind?
R or GTD. If you want GTI power you need to go to Skoda with the VRS.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Did Seat make a fast Leon estate/tourer?

They did but I think (and I could be wrong) it was either a GTD competitor in the FR or a Golf R competitor in the Cupra. They didn't have anything GTI-like.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Hijack and semi serious (not for me) but what are the opinions and/or experience of Mk7 Golf GTE's?

1709043313765.png

Our Q5 is now 13 years old, over 100k, hard on fuel for the commuting required and worth around £9k - we no longer really need such a big car as the kids are a bit bigger, soon to be in smaller seats, no buggies, bags, etc... and my wife's driving only involves school runs and to and from Dundonald to Vic Sq for work. Plus, I perfectly manage both the boys and a full boot in my 3dr S3.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Someone on here had one a few years back and don't think they spoke highly of it, can't find a thread though

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Loads leased them through a deal in our work and anyone i ever spoke to was always underwhelmed at the range

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Golf is the Goldilocks size for kids and stuff IMO. Not too big and not too small.

Don’t know anything about the GTE though.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I honestly don't know how they work - they're a hybrid? They have like 30 miles of range? How does it charge? Does the engine kick in once the electric range has ran out?

Generally her trips would be:

Home - school is 3.3miles x 2 = 6.6miles
Home - gym is 7.3miles x 2 = 14.6miles
Home - parents is 2.9miles x 2 = 5.8miles
Home - work is 5.4miles x 2 = 10.8 miles

Max she is doing a day is 20-30 miles

I want her in a GTI but....

1709046827266.png

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Hijack and semi serious (not for me) but what are the opinions and/or experience of Mk7 Golf GTE's?

View attachment 426388

Our Q5 is now 13 years old, over 100k, hard on fuel for the commuting required and worth around £9k - we no longer really need such a big car as the kids are a bit bigger, soon to be in smaller seats, no buggies, bags, etc... and my wife's driving only involves school runs and to and from Dundonald to Vic Sq for work. Plus, I perfectly manage both the boys and a full boot in my 3dr S3.

If I remember correct the boot wasn't as deep as it is in a regular Golf. Also, it's a plug in hybrid so when you run out of battery it's effectively a 1.5 ton 1.4 TSI and even though it has GTE badging it's not sporty.